Unreal section?

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Unreal section?

Postby Vilham on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Update -
Blink wrote:I'm all for adding this if you guys think it will be useful.

Can anyone provide some details for a starter thread? I think it would be good to throw a load of links and tutorials that exist elsewhere on the net to keep as a sticky.

Could possibly expand the tutorials section as well, just to see how it goes.

Blink wrote:Okay, well I'll look at how to organise the forums a bit later. Might clean up/re-order some other stuff whilst I'm there.

I'll create a sticky thread and then if you guys can add any links you think are good, I'll keep it updated.

:-)

So sounds like this can happen, we just need people to be aware that the section is there and start spreading some knowledge :)

--------------------------------
Before anyone goes off on me, yes this site is for Source engine development, however. This is one of the most active development forums I visit and I know that a lot of the experienced users here have been playing around with Unreal especially recently (in light of all that Source needs fixing malarkey).

From a personal point of view, Im teaching myself Unreal atm using tutorials etc across the internet, but I found that when I was learning source Lopers was by far the most useful site for me, something which I haven't found for Unreal as of yet.

So I suggest that an Unreal section would be very welcome here and of great use to many members. Thoughts?
Last edited by Vilham on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Designer - Frontier Developments
Vilham
Frontier Developments

Re: Unreal section?

Postby ScarT on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Its about time if you ask me.

One thing I'm wondering about the Source SDK. Why is nobody from the community bothering fixing the SDK? Its quite possible. I've thought about doing it myself, but found my lack of time quite the show stopper.
ScarT

Postby Spike on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Please add a UDK forum. I recently bought "Mastering Unreal Technology: v. 1: Introduction to Level Design with Unreal Engine 3: A Beginner's Guide to Level Design in Unreal Engine 3 " and I'm willing to learn.
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby source-maps on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 pm

yup, we even have a programming section.. why don't we have an level design section for UDK
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gary on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I have nothing against it, I plan on learning it soon as well... just need to redownload it.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby ScarT on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:02 pm

(Off topic: Gary would you mind checking your private messages?)
ScarT

Postby Chopium on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 pm

While I think plenty of people would be in support of the new section, I have my doubts that it will ever precipitate. Good luck, though.

On a side note: I think we need an overhaul of the tutorial section and its organization. It looks like Half-Wit 2 is down for good and maybe we can absorb its tutorials.
Chopium

Postby stoopdapoop on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm not against an unreal section either, although I don't think I'd use it either (unless lurking counts as using, in which case I'd be using the fuck out of it)
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Guessmyname on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Seconding the suggestion. I'm learning to use it as part of a Games Art course.
Guessmyname
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Mighty Monk on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 pm

I'd be all for this. Although new games on the Source engine are continually being produced over time, and we will, at somepoint in our lives, get Half Life: Episode 3... adding a UDK section could well help keep certain members more active, as well as bring in plenty of new ones, which can only be a good thing.
Mighty Monk
Regular
Regular

Postby projectleet on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 am

I've actually given up Source a few months ago to focus on UDK. Which in turn made me visit this site slightly less and I have no idea where to find a UDK-interlopers alternative... =/

Therefore, I approve of this suggestion!
projectleet

Postby Blink on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 am

I'm all for adding this if you guys think it will be useful.

Can anyone provide some details for a starter thread? I think it would be good to throw a load of links and tutorials that exist elsewhere on the net to keep as a sticky.

Could possibly expand the tutorials section as well, just to see how it goes.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Surfa on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:36 am

Bitching

Anyway I would have just a simple post about usefull resources like beyond unreal and the offical epic forums. Also mention that polycount have a specific sub forum for help with the udk etc...

The beyond Unreal forums were very useful but I think the official udk forums has kinda replaced them (still usefull for older versions)
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Blink on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am

Okay, well I'll look at how to organise the forums a bit later. Might clean up/re-order some other stuff whilst I'm there.

I'll create a sticky thread and then if you guys can add any links you think are good, I'll keep it updated.

:-)
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Vilham on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am

That's awesome blink. I can definitely contribute a few decent links to a sticky post.
Designer - Frontier Developments
Vilham
Frontier Developments

Next

Return to Feedback Corner