faceposer doesn't rebuild scenes.image

Any aspects of level design for the Source engine.

faceposer doesn't rebuild scenes.image

Postby turboluigi33 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 am

Hey, I'm hoping you guys figured out a way. I've been building a mod for ep2, and since steampipe I got faceposer to open and load things right, but when I do rebuild scenes.image the progress bar just flashes briefly. It worked a couple years back, all the vcds are already extracted, and the file itself is untouched and still 2 years ago. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
turboluigi33
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: faceposer doesn't rebuild scenes.image

Postby Riomaki on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:54 pm

I have the same problem and I've been trying to chase it on Valve's Github.
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source ... ssues/1559

The gist is, I think I managed to get it working for HL2, but getting it to export for EP2 doesn't seem to work and, unfortunately, I didn't have success copying the scenes.image export from HL2 back to EP2. It contains the data, but the scene is consistently "missing" in-game.

It seems to me that this aspect of Faceposer wasn't updated to account for the change in file location. Naturally, Valve seems to have forgotten about this - like everything else that Steampipe broke.
Riomaki
Regular
Regular

Re: faceposer doesn't rebuild scenes.image

Postby Riomaki on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:22 am

I should point out, it does work if you have a separate mod (as in, created with the Create a Mod tool from Source SDK, and then updating the resulting gameinfo.txt in the new format). In hindsight, this makes sense because rebuilding scenes.image for /ep2 itself isn't a very useful thing aside from testing.
Riomaki
Regular
Regular

Return to Hammer Editor Help