Goldsource Help (specifically qbsp.exe)

Any aspects of level design for the Source engine.

Goldsource Help (specifically qbsp.exe)

Postby thatguymalone on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:35 pm

I realize this may be unfamiliar territory for those more adept in Source engine mapping (I am too,) but I am in need of help compiling my map. I configured Hammer Editor 3.4 to work with Half-Life Opposing Force through Steam's Half-Life SDK. All of the directories in the options menu seem to be in order, but when going through the compile process, Hammer simply neglects to compile my map.

Here is what the compile log reads when I attempt to compile my Opposing Force map:

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: D:\Alt\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "D:\Alt\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life SDK\maps\op4_warp.map" "\op4_warp.map"

From what I can tell, this indicates that none of the build programs are performing any tasks, and Hammer is instead re-locating/copying a pre-existing .map file to a different location. I thoroughly checked the options tab to ensure that hammer has been pointed to all the right build programs, and it should be running them. This has been a persistent problem for which almost no tutorials or documentation can be found online. Does anyone know what's going on or have a guess on how to troubleshoot this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated :-)
thatguymalone
Just Joined
Just Joined

Re: Goldsource Help (specifically qbsp.exe)

Postby LordDz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:32 pm

You're better off asking the people at discord:
https://discordapp.com/channels/2039544 ... 0605973504
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Hammer Editor Help