ORION: Dino Beatdown RELEASED On Steam!!! ($9.99)

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: ORION: Dino Beatdown RELEASED On Steam!!! ($9.99)

Postby Epifire on Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 pm

kirby2112 wrote:How can you objectively criticize something without a something to compare your observations too? everyone has their own opinion on the greatest games, and if there isn't a diffinitive "best game" you can't really judge things objectively. All reviews are are one persons oppinion of a games quality. Whether or not you choose to agree with them is entirely up to you. But don't claim that thier journalism is dishonest. An opinion is just that. An opinion. You can't say that's a lie. Just saying.

People tend to gang up on something when the opinions stack. I could give a honest review to this game and say I would still buy it, because of a few pointers...

-I wouldn't have liked the game if the developers didn't care but they do and they have already fixed a lot of bugs in it.

-They are good to their community, not only do they fix bugs mentioned by players, but they also take suggestions on new content to add.

-Even cooler yet, that stuff that won out on the suggestions that is getting put into the game is free! Yes all DLC from these guys has been pledged to be free, and I think that is great.

So Spiral got off to a very bad start on this game, but they didn't leave it there. That is when you know a studio is trying to pick themselves up and do something right with their game. I would still suggest this to friends, and I would have payed double for some of the experiences I have already had in-game. :smt023
Epifire

Postby Major Banter on Fri May 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Kirby, I'll reply via PM. I won't spam the thread with my reply, but you're incorrect. I get your point though.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Fri May 11, 2012 4:06 pm

snip
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Fri May 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I bought it, it's laggy when large amounts of raptors appear but that might be my laptop
I think it's a pretty cool game tho :)
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Sat May 12, 2012 12:23 am

source-maps wrote:I bought it, it's laggy when large amounts of raptors appear but that might be my laptop
I think it's a pretty cool game tho :)

Yeah you gotta have a good gpu, and cpu to run it. Even on a quad core i7, and a GTX 580, I still can notice a very slight drop in frames at certain points (but when I mean slight I mean very slight).
Epifire

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Sun May 13, 2012 12:18 am

It's buggy, terribly optimized, and not fun, why buy it? And yeah achievement icons stolen etc etc.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby kirby2112 on Mon May 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Major Banter wrote:Kirby, I'll reply via PM. I won't spam the thread with my reply, but you're incorrect. I get your point though.

I got something, but it says it was deleted before it was delivered.
"I know the second I turn around, he's going to get up. He didn't do it. He didn't do it again. Maybe he's dead? OHHHHHHHHHHHSHIIIIITTTTDAMN HE'SNOTDEADFUCK"
kirby2112
Regular
Regular

Postby Epifire on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 am

So it looks like they tried revamping this in a new and improved version. They shipped for free today to all the people who had bought the previous one. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like financial suicide for them to do something like that. Maybe if they get enough buyers for a new release but otherwise it seems like they are actually trying to make up for their horrible botch of the last version of it.

I guess it's worth a try just to re-install a game to see if it's any better. I can't say that for peeps who didn't buy it but I guess it's worth a look at.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 am

Epifire wrote:They shipped for free today to all the people who had bought the previous one. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like financial suicide for them to do something like that. Maybe if they get enough buyers for a new release but otherwise it seems like they are actually trying to make up for their horrible botch of the last version of it.

don't underestimate what a good public image can do for you
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Yeah I sadly after playing less then a match I was inclined to think this version feels like it looks and plays worse then the last one. Kinda sad really, I liked the initial design they started with but some one seriously loves to screw with the way the game works cause it still feels really unpolished in-game.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 pm

hmm oke, a pity
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat