Zeno Clash II

Game discussion and other related chat.

Zeno Clash II

Postby nub on Sat May 04, 2013 2:55 am

Anyone buy it yet? I just bought it and am downloading it currently. I'll let you guys know how it is once I beat it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Zeno Clash II

Postby BubbleQ on Sat May 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Nice, I did'nt even know there was an II! Only played the first game for about 2h and never managed to finish it, maybe I should now when I still have some freetime before summerjobb is on.
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby nub on Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah it came out on April 30th. I've played about an hour or so and it's pretty neat. Just as outlandish and weird as the original. Voice acting is about the same, but the game has a charm to it. It's pretty fun to beat up bad guys with your fists, and they added more moves and stuff.

The game is a lot more open now, and the story is a bit more fleshed out. But like I said, it's still weird as shit. There's a lot more cut scenes with better choreography and facial animations. Most of them are pretty short and aren't too invasive to gameplay.

Also, it's on Unreal Engine 3 instead of Source now. I was a little let down since I love playing 3rd party Source games, but they did a really good job in keeping with the theme and art style despite switching engines.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stormy on Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 am

I really didn't like the first one, I couldn't get my head around the fighting and didn't feel like trying. The world didn't engage me enough, despite how wonderfully fucked up it is. I do like what they are doing though, making bizarre-ass art in a game. I hope they do well.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby kraid on Sun May 05, 2013 11:15 am

nub wrote:Also, it's on Unreal Engine 3 instead of Source now.

Since i saw screenshots of Zeno Clash 2, i wondered how they achived a game looking that good on source, mystery solved i'd say.
Goldeneye Source v4.2.3
get it now and play for FREE!!!
http://www.goldeneyesource.net
kraid
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 am

There's honestly some parts of the original that look better than the second game.

Also, it seems like they streamlined the combat system a lot now. It was definitely a bit tedious in the first game. Easy to learn but very difficult to master.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Tue May 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Same voice acting? Come on now, I could do a better fucking job at it.

Otherwise I really loved the first game, the style was pretty great. I'll get this on sale I think.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 am

vcool wrote:Same voice acting? Come on now, I could do a better fucking job at it.

Otherwise I really loved the first game, the style was pretty great. I'll get this on sale I think.

Well now that I've played it more, it's definitely better than the original. The dialog itself can be...weird, but it's tolerable. They incorporated some of their own vernacular to add a bit of depth to the world, which in my opinion is a nice step forward.

Stuff is also starting to make more sense plot-wise. Haven't run in to any rubix cubes yet.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Knights on Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 am

Black_Stormy wrote:I really didn't like the first one, I couldn't get my head around the fighting and didn't feel like trying. The world didn't engage me enough, despite how wonderfully fucked up it is. I do like what they are doing though, making bizarre-ass art in a game. I hope they do well.
Nore did I like it, sure it's weird but it was the annoying game play that just left me uninterested. Sure some great creative art styles but that only works for half of the experience... I saw a quicklook on GiantBomb for the second and it looks exactly the same... :?
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Gaming Chat