Windows Button Ghosting Issue.

PC related discussion and other issues.

Windows Button Ghosting Issue.

Postby Epifire on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm

So guys does anyone else know what causes this issue where buttons pressed just stay ghosted like this...

I can do anything to it and unless I am in a game it stays there generally till I reboot my rig. Happens randomly and while it does lean towards certain programs more it generally just happens fairly frequently with anything. Tried updating drivers and that didn't help much so any ideas?
Epifire

Re: Windows Button Ghosting Issue.

Postby marnamai on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 pm

I had this a few weeks ago whenever I used 3dsmax. I used this solution.

The solution I found is to go into Windows Performance Options and de-select the option for "Fade out menu items after clicking." In Vista, this is accessed from right clicking My Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings (link on the left) > Advanced (tab) > Performance settings (button) > Visual effects (tab). Whew!
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Epifire on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:52 pm

I think that may have done it. I did a good deal of research on it and never heard of it being a fading issue so that may have done it. Took a little longer since I had to go find the option in 7 as it is different from Vista but my ghosted button shown in the pic went away.

Now my awesome desktop is clean again. I'll be sure to report back if it manages to keep up, but thanks again cause I don't know how long that was going for.
Epifire

Postby marnamai on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm

umm I am not sure what version of windows 7 you're using, but it's exactly the same as in vista
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Hardware & Software