Drugs

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby zombie@computer on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Sorrow wrote:yeah just check what we do in the netherlands. works because of herbs.

oh damn that was so not funny.
anyhow, err yeah legalization is probably best (for soft drugs)

hmm forgot what this thread was all about so err why not confess your 'sins'?

so did you ever smoke a joint or more?

:P
The bad thing about our drug policy is that now all our trainstations smell like pot. SERIOUSLY, NOT FUNNY
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dead-Inside on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:46 pm

That, and most of you doing it?
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sorrow on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:58 pm

zombie@computer wrote:
Sorrow wrote:yeah just check what we do in the netherlands. works because of herbs.

The bad thing about our drug policy is that now all our trainstations smell like pot. SERIOUSLY, NOT FUNNY

take the bus :P
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zabiela on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 am

zombie@computer wrote:The bad thing about our drug policy is that now all our trainstations smell like pot. SERIOUSLY, NOT FUNNY

They dont have the decency to smoke outside? Or is it the mass of idiot tourists that mainly do it?
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Zabiela on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:52 am

Dead-Inside wrote:That, and most of you doing it?

Whats bad about that? I've looked around and cant find any statistics showing higher crime or ill people since they allowed pot in the netherlands.
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dead-Inside on Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 am

Zabiela wrote:
Dead-Inside wrote:That, and most of you doing it?

Whats bad about that? I've looked around and cant find any statistics showing higher crime or ill people since they allowed pot in the netherlands.

I have never taken any interest in the NL what-so-ever, but I'm going to go on a wild guess here and say that produtivity is down, as is IQ.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:00 am

zombie@computer wrote:

....and most people in NL smell like armpit, so isn't it refreshing? ;)

Serious though, it's not like it smells bad kinda fruity, and skunky, like a good perfume.

When I was in Europe there wasn't a single train without someone smoking between cars, or in he bathroom, that was accross six countrys though....
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby zombie@computer on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:06 am

Zabiela wrote:
zombie@computer wrote:The bad thing about our drug policy is that now all our trainstations smell like pot. SERIOUSLY, NOT FUNNY

They dont have the decency to smoke outside? Or is it the mass of idiot tourists that mainly do it?
they do it outside, right before the entrance, then blow the air inside or take it with them. Smoking is forbidden in most parts of the trainstations
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Zabiela on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:06 am

zombie@computer wrote:
Zabiela wrote:

they do it outside, right before the entrance, then blow the air inside or take it with them. Smoking is forbidden in most parts of the trainstations

Darn, they should try out california's draconian public smoking laws. At my school you cant smoke within 50 feet of any building. Basically you have to find an area out in the open to smoke.
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:11 am

I used to go to CU-Boulder. In Boulder it's technically illegal to smoke on the sidewalk, not to mention in bars and restaurants.
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Zabiela on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Did you hear of the 4/20 incident in boulder (or maybe denver, but I think boulder), where for 4/20 all the kids crowded a giant field and had a humongous smoke out. And the cops had undercovers walking around taking pictures of everyone, they got posted online with rewards for information... biggest waste of time i've ever seen any police station go through. The kids heavily protested the pictures after.
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Hyp-R on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:45 pm

I tried mushrooms last night with a group of 20 people. We all went for a nature walk after eating them and it was probobly the most insane thing I've ever done.

My friend was so messed up, that he thought he crapped his pants. Although, there was nothing even in them. He ended up walking home and took a shower with his clothes on, and he said it felt like the curtain ate him. His mom guessed that he was obviously twisted, so she dressed him up warm and sent him back on his way. Funny stuff.

You have to be careful though, for anyone who is curious. They twist and bend your mind. If your not in the right situation, they can be very very intense. Make sure you are with other people who are on it, and in a confortable place. Layers are a good idea if you plan to leave anywhere, because you can become very warm or cold quickly.

Everyone thinks of them as mainly visual type thing, (which they can be) but it is more of a wierd feeling throughout your body.
People also have a tendancy to make fools out of themselves when they do this stuff.

Just a little bit of first hand information for anyone who would like to know for future reference

Mr Happy wrote:The "good" drugs, mushrooms, LSD, ayahuasca, salvia divinorum, DMT, peyote (mescaline), are actually good for you. Particularly ayahuasca, peyote, and mushrooms. They cleanse your body, not just your mind.

Mushrooms may be herbal, but they are horrible for you. To be safe I wouldn't do more than 4-8g more than 6 times a year. It can cause heavy brain damage and other serious side effects.
Hyp-R
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Zabiela on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:06 am

Yay a trip report.

Hyp-R wrote:I tried mushrooms last night with a group of 20 people. We all went for a nature walk after eating them and it was probobly the most insane thing I've ever done.

My friend was so messed up, that he thought he crapped his pants. Although, there was nothing even in them. He ended up walking home and took a shower with his clothes on, and he said it felt like the curtain ate him. His mom guessed that he was obviously twisted, so she dressed him up warm and sent him back on his way. Funny stuff.

Wow, 20 people is alot! How many grams did you eat, and where do you live (generally), that would be useful :). Your friend probably had that nervous stomach feeling and misinterpreted it because of the mushrooms, funny though. I hope he didnt have to walk back to your house alone.

Hyp-R wrote:You have to be careful though, for anyone who is curious. They twist and bend your mind. If your not in the right situation, they can be very very intense. Make sure you are with other people who are on it, and in a confortable place. Layers are a good idea if you plan to leave anywhere, because you can become very warm or cold quickly.

Yes, with all psychedellic drugs you have to take a number of precautions. Its good to take a low dose your first time (about a gram to two of cubensis type), to see how you react to them. Its also good to have a sober person around, just incase your trip turns out too intense and you have trouble handling it, preferably someone who's done mushrooms before so they know what you're going through.

Hyp-R wrote:Everyone thinks of them as mainly visual type thing, (which they can be) but it is more of a wierd feeling throughout your body.
People also have a tendancy to make fools out of themselves when they do this stuff.

Very true, alot of first timers expect just to have their visual field change, and when the mind and body effects kick it, it can be unsettling. Again having a sober, experienced sitter can calm you and talk you down from most freak-out moments.

Hyp-R wrote:Mushrooms may be herbal, but they are horrible for you. To be safe I wouldn't do more than 4-8g more than 6 times a year. It can cause heavy brain damage and other serious side effects.

I think horrible is an overstatement, if you take them properly, as in only a few times a year. I do agree that they cause brain damage, but i dont think two or three trips a year will do any significant damage, any more than any of the reasons we lose braincells every day. I have observed what happens when you do them too much. There was a guy at my high school who went for a couple months at a time doing them 2-3 times a week, sometimes daily. He quit after a year, and he noticably more stupid, he slurs words alot more, its pretty sad. But it his fault, people who do drugs have to be responsible. Fuck I almost never do shrooms, last time was a year and a half ago, but I still look forward to doing them, if I ever go camping or something. :D [/i]
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 am

I think you over exagerated too...I've never seen anything about them giving you brain damage, although taking them as much as Zabiela describes is obiously going to change the way your mind operates. 8 grams is alot though, only for special occasions....

I should probably explain what "being good for you" means, besides the obvious mental cleansing (cleansing as in...kinda like a defrag for your head, a refresh.) many people throw up, want to know why? ok, well these drugs i listed cause histamine and other chemicals to be released from your glands and lymph nodes (I think lymph nodes), which round up all the toxins in your body and push them into your urine, feces, and, sometimes, stomach.

Shrooms are great, so are combinations :D acid+mushrooms, acid+mushrooms+molly....

last time i took shrooms I took one and a half grams + a lunesta + xanax, and walked up boulder creek with a friend. very relaxing and visual trip. sat on the edge of a cliff (carefully of course) and just watched the mountains.

i find most cubensis strains to be alot more visual and bodily than acid, which for me is a lot more mental...but it all depends on which strain, mushrooms are like pot and roses, there are alot of different strains of P. Cubensis from alot of different areas of the world, and a lot of cross breeds too.

about the boulder 4/20 thing, I was there :D (went to CU last year) Its a yearly tradition, only this year they closed farrand field because their reputation was getting out of hand. It's SUPPOSED to be a protest, alot of people have signs, but most people go just to smoke. local restraunts and businesses came and threw hundreds of frisbees and free sandwhiches into the air :D

anyway, they had signs and barriers at all entrances to the fence. it was only "closed" for a few hours around 4:20 pm ...anyway, people were milling about until my friend and another guy jumped over...then it got rushed.

they mostly had people on the roofs of the surrounding buildings (this is on campus) taking pictures, although some were on the field. They then posted the pictures on a website. (my friend was the first one). Anyway, it was a $50 reward for turning someone in, and a $50 tresspassing fee if you got caught. not too bad, it was really mostly a symbolic crackdown...no one went to jail or anything.

Zilla played that night at the fox, which was cool
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Hyp-R on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:39 am

i did like, 4 grams.
but I finished other peoples tea's
so it could eb anywhere from 5-6.

my friend did like 12, but he threwup quite a bit of it.
so probobly like 9.

I'm from alberta, canada.
We've got a nice huge forest to roam in our city.

I don't mean to exxagerate, but shrooms are very bad for you. It won't stop me from doing them, because everything can eb alright in moderation.

But you shouldn't do them on a regular basis, kind of like a treat, if you know what I mean
Hyp-R
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion