Super Columbine Massacre- Colubine Highschool massacre Game

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby Persol on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:48 pm

Persol wrote:
Video games are this generations 'Catcher in the Rye'. In 50 years people will see this debate for being as stupid as it is.

Zyggy wrote:
Debate is not stupid if it is over an issue such as this. If you think it is stupid, you can choose not to take part. In a democratic system debate is the only way of deciding things.
And what exactly are we deciding? The simple fact is that this same discussion was had about books in the past... and yes, it was stupid to claim that books shouldn't be written for some societal reason.

As for the book using all senses, that is, if anything, a lack of your imagination when playing video games. More to the point, it completely doesn't matter. If someone chooses this medium to tell a story, so be it. They aren't neccessarily trying to educate or target YOU as the audience.

That's the beauty of being able to choose what you read/watch/do.

Sorrow wrote:
I saved barney once! I had to crowbar his head to pieces to get his weapon though
And I bet you do that in real life too? Video games taught you that.
Persol
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Zyggy on Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:42 pm

good post dragonfliet, i've changed my mind and now i agree with you.

Persol wrote:And what exactly are we deciding? The simple fact is that this same discussion was had about books in the past... and yes, it was stupid to claim that books shouldn't be written for some societal reason.

We're deciding what is and what is not acceptable. It is no good to say "it is pointless discussing this now because it will be accepted in the future." If we don't discuss it now, it won't be accepted in the future.
HAND OF GOD. wrote:Just becasue my name is hand of god doesn't mean i have to be tolerant. i myself am not god in any way.
Zyggy
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Persol on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Zyggy wrote:We're deciding what is and what is not acceptable. It is no good to say "it is pointless discussing this now because it will be accepted in the future." If we don't discuss it now, it won't be accepted in the future.
I absolutely agree. Arguing that is will be accepted, and isn't worth discussing, is pointless. I wasn't very clear.

The meaning behind my statement was two fold:
1) You said "I never said it shouldn't have been made", when I stated that none of our opinions should matter for the making of a game (or book, or whatever). To me this factors into 'discussing its acceptability'. The discussion is pointless, because we have no right to say it's unacceptable to make.
2) There's no clear line between video game violence, movie viloence, book violence, hell, the Bible. They all say things that some of us feel are unacceptable... but that's the beauty of media. You don't need to like it all, and the creator doesn't need you to like it.
Persol
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby bomba on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:57 pm

damn Noddy, with his infernal gayness, lol :P bout time to end this methinks.
bomba
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Re: Super Columbine Massacre- Colubine Highschool massacre..

Postby tr0mb0ne on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:39 pm

bomba wrote:I saw this "game" available for download today and it just sickened me.

I mean who in their right mind would even think of writing a game based on this atrocity.

Needless to say due to the comments to the host (including mine)of the site the link closed , but im sure there is more out there.

Family and friends or people in general need not be reminded of this let alone a little dodgy game be produced about it. It was just a little flash/java game but still with the censors crapping on about mindless violence we as gamers do not need mindless games about abhorent acts upon humanity.

Some said in the forum against my post "what about ppl getting killed in ww1 or 2 sims/fps?, my grandfather couldve been one of them"

My response was well they served their country, with honour" not just by some adolescents upon a whim of death, destruction and dishonour murdering innocent ppl, just because of their chemical imbalanced minds.

sorry but it really pisses me off retard :games factory kiddies doin this shit.

The fact of the matter is, the internet will always be the internet, and because of it's satte of existance, you can act however you want and no one will ever be able to do anything to you short of going all keyboard-warrior on you.

They aren't making the game because they think it would be cool, they're making it to get under everyone's skin, and get people like you to post stuff like this. Do you think that saying that they have "chemical imbalanced minds" is ever going to hurt them? No, it's exactly what they want, and you're giving it to them right now.
92% of teens suffer frr0meerssewresrvevrschegyicryurfsutfrcgykcruighseryicgsry3763 3 3g34uuu4gu 338woq3ui4h3il450[[[[ejr3hw4b34ki3oqnh2nu3nlo``bn 3ko;324n234jbe5tet6.,w4jk5jil5kpwv ,l';eeeeg
tr0mb0ne
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby EagleStrike on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:23 pm

Let the game live, or just don't play it...simple as that... :roll:
As I Walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil, Cos I'm The Meanest Fucker In The Valley...
EagleStrike
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Superdeer on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Yeah it is pretty sad, but unfortunatly the world is full of shit and always will be.

You could argue in its favor by saying how they made a game about Blackhawk down or WW2. But it all boils down to if you don't like the idea then don't play it and if you do then play it.
zombie@computer wrote:
DarkDemonenator wrote:What is a surf map?
its a map of a certain area which shows you the best locations of good surfing waves, usually color coded for height and difficulty of the different area's
Superdeer
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion