What would the world be like if Hitler won?

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby TwiNCannoN on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:08 am

What would the world be like if this thread wasn't bumped

TwiNCannoN
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Blink on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:33 am

Woe Kitten wrote:Having read through this thread I can safely conclude that there are a lot of very ignorant people on this forum. Some of the stuff that has been said in these pages has actually made me feel ill.

Eh? I've just re-read it and there was an intelligent and mature discussion regarding a conflict of views.

Just because you don't like someone's opinion doesn't mean they can't have one.

Don't get thought provoking threads like this anymore.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Athlete{UK} on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Twincannon we tolerate bumping in the serious discussion forum because for the most part it's always relevant and there is still mature debate held here.

Please do not ruin this with useless remarks and stupid pictures.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Woe Kitten on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Well for a start we've got Nocturn basically stating outright that if all the Jews and other ethnic minorities were wiped out the world would be a better place. He never said it quite like that but he did say that if Hitler had won the war the World would be a better place because there would be:

NOCTVRNVS wrote:No wiggers, no ghettos, no welfare, no commies, no racism, no slave labour, no rights restriction (as opposed to those placed on us by our Liberal governments), no "third-world" countries, no war, no currency, no rap, no "gay pride" marches...

What's wrong with gay pride marches? And how stupid are you that you think we'd have no rights restrictions in a Nazi state? Do you even know what a right is? No third World countries?

It's sickening for me because I'm not a racist or a homophobe, and I find people who adopt either of these positions both pitiful and sickening in equal measures.
Woe Kitten
BioWare

Postby Athlete{UK} on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:21 pm

I agree on that point woe but it is only one. Fact of the matter is if you can't get on with said retarded statements you wont get very far in coherent well placed debate. You become just another rantedr. Granter a ranter on what is percieved as the right side of the fence but a ranter none the less.

See through all the bllocks old uncle Athlete does make sense now and then.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What would the world be like if Hitler won?

Postby Yackety on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:25 pm

slayera wrote:Just wondering what other people may think about the subject.

Hitler made serveral mistakes during the war, like attacking Russia instead of keeping them allies. There is a good chance Germany could have won if not for the missteps by it leader/s. What do think the world would be like today?

edit: corrected my lousy speellingg.
Russia would've invaded Germany eventually(and they would've been much stronger than Germany), so not attacking Russia would've not really changed that much. Maybe prolong the war a few more years? Who knows. The one BIG mistake the Nazi's did was was concentration camps. Stalin hated jewish people just as much as Adolf did. He just figured out an acceptable way to eliminate them. Draft. Being put to death by your own country is horrible. Dying FOR your country is glorious. And no, I don't have anything against any specific race or religion. Just stating a fact.

But to the matter of what the world would be like if the Axis powers by some miracle had won the war.

Well, I'd imagine most of Europe would be under strict rule by the government. The party(NSDAP) would naturally be the only one in true power. The Gestapo would take care of any revolutionaries and such. Germany would've probably reached space way before USA or the USSR(assuming they somehow would've survived). Overall I think it wouldn't actually be that bad(for me atleast). I like rules.
Yackety

Postby Aon on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:36 am

I think the purpose of the thread is what if hitler had won outright despite soviet power.

Still, I feel a look as a what if soviets had controlled the world from the off of WW2, ie. Germany defeated the allies somehow and then Russia defeated germany, might be another way to keep theis thread alive and interesting.

Would the Soviet Union have been able to have some form of Pax Romanis? Would china still have had it's communist revolution if russia was to be a more dominant state? Would communism work as a system for the whole world, or would we be stuck in 'perpetual revolution'?
http://lolcode.com/

Steam ID : Aonshi
Multi Games : C:ss
Long time Lurker ><
Aon
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby BillyDa59 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:07 am

Before I say anything, I want to say I not a supporter of Nazism or any of that horrible stuff Hitler is recognized for.

I think people look at Hitler as more of a racist rather than a attempted world-leader. Lots of people don't know that America had no idea about the concentration camps until a good amount of fighting between the US and Germany had already been going on. Hitler didn't start WWII as an attempt to wipe out the Jews, Hitler wanted to rule the world. He's not the first person to dream so big either. Everyone knows who Alexander the Great was, or at least, I think people know of him, and Alexander had the same idea as Hitler yet because people relate Hitler's genocide and the war too closely, Hitler is viewed as an evil overlord, rather than a wondrous conquerer. Think about it, I bet Alexander the great had a hate for a certain creed or race or group of people. They probably just don't mention it very well in historical texts, yet, he's looked at as an awesome ruler because of his achievements. Another thing I believe is a common misconception is that all German soldiers of WWII were Nazis. Well lets stop and think for a moment. What is a Nazi? What is Nazism? Well, Nazism is no more than a specific party of politics, just like Republicans, and Democrats. It's just that the idea of Nazism is often thought to be a creed of someone who is out to kill all Jews. Well, that may be so in modern time but Hitler aside, 60 or so years ago, Nazism was just a political party that had negative views on the Jewish community. Not all Nazis were fascist like Hitler.

Again, I am not a supporter of Nazism.
Oh, and just a little neat fact I'll throw in: Communism was invented by a German citizen; Carl Marx. The actual concept behind Communism is fairly noble, it's just that the system is very easily corruptible as was often so.
BillyDa59
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:46 am

You guys wanna know what it would be like? Go to your libraries and get The Childrens War. You can't describe it any better then that writer.
ghost12332

Postby Tablespoon on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:33 am

BillyDa59 wrote:Before I say anything, I want to say I not a supporter of Nazism or any of that horrible stuff Hitler is recognized for.

I think people look at Hitler as more of a racist rather than a attempted world-leader. Lots of people don't know that America had no idea about the concentration camps until a good amount of fighting between the US and Germany had already been going on. Hitler didn't start WWII as an attempt to wipe out the Jews, Hitler wanted to rule the world. He's not the first person to dream so big either. Everyone knows who Alexander the Great was, or at least, I think people know of him, and Alexander had the same idea as Hitler yet because people relate Hitler's genocide and the war too closely, Hitler is viewed as an evil overlord, rather than a wondrous conquerer. Think about it, I bet Alexander the great had a hate for a certain creed or race or group of people. They probably just don't mention it very well in historical texts, yet, he's looked at as an awesome ruler because of his achievements. Another thing I believe is a common misconception is that all German soldiers of WWII were Nazis. Well lets stop and think for a moment. What is a Nazi? What is Nazism? Well, Nazism is no more than a specific party of politics, just like Republicans, and Democrats. It's just that the idea of Nazism is often thought to be a creed of someone who is out to kill all Jews. Well, that may be so in modern time but Hitler aside, 60 or so years ago, Nazism was just a political party that had negative views on the Jewish community. Not all Nazis were fascist like Hitler.

Again, I am not a supporter of Nazism.
Oh, and just a little neat fact I'll throw in: Communism was invented by a German citizen; Carl Marx. The actual concept behind Communism is fairly noble, it's just that the system is very easily corruptible as was often so.
Well said.

My parents and grandparents are Jewish so I don't want anybody making mistakes regarding my views on certain things; racism frustrates and baffles me. I can never get past thinking, "Grow up."

Shr3d wrote:
mastersmith98 wrote:one word 1984

That's a number. And as a word it's nineteen-eighty-four, which is three words or your could have one-thousand-and-eighty-four which is five words. F-.
Actually, if you really wanna play the correction game it would be one-thousand-nine-hundred-eighty-four. Using the word 'and' implies a decimal.
Tablespoon
Regular
Regular

Postby Yackety on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:17 am

ghost12332 wrote:You guys wanna know what it would be like? Go to your libraries and get The Childrens War. You can't describe it any better then that writer.
Or The Fatherland, as advertised many times in this thread. Excellent book. ;-)
Yackety

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion