Are we Free?

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby Shr3d on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:19 am

Dead-Inside wrote:I'm not against the country I'm against the mentality.
Shr3d

Postby Mr. Happy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:28 am

dragonfliet wrote:
DrGlass wrote:"ignorant debate"? This is the kind of close minded thought process that is crippling the US and intellect around the world. You can not assume that you hold the correct answer and you only server to make yourself look like a moron by calling any debate "ignorant".

But you are right, if these laws were abolished there wouldn't be much of a change, apart from otherwise outstanding citizens being tossed in jail for a so-called war on drugs.

He was pointing out your extremely lopsided "facts" that are cherry picked from small samples of research and your belligerent tone. Chill.

Myself, I'm not getting involved in this one at all. Too tired to bash my head into a wall right now.

~Jason

Check out the scaeffer drug library and their collection of DOZENS of unbiased and expert analysis' of the sociological impact of banning drugs.

Also, a prominent Harvard economist recently signed of on a paper recommending the legalization of marijuana for the reason that not only would people stop being thrown in jail but also that rather than spending hundreds of billions of dollars on Irag, there could be hundreds of millions/a few billion dollars in extra tax revenue.

Dead-Inside wrote:
slayera wrote:
Ok, I am not talking about this exact momenent I time. You hear all people say they love the US but don't like Bush, well, neither to a lot of us. That is why I said that the politics sometimes sucks. You seem to have forgotten about all the good stuff America has done, very convenient for your argument. And we have finished more wars than we started. The US gives away more money to other nations than Sweden makes in a year. Where would the world be without the US? Where is Sweden when the world needs help? I don't see millions of people trying to beat down the door to get to Sweden.

The sad thing here is that we are doing more than you on all fronts. You may be a bigger country but we're giving away more money per capita and we produce way less greenhousegasses and other kinds of pollutions (per capita again, before you bring up some bullshit statistics). Sweden is always here when the world needs help, and incase you are refering to the World Wars I beg to remind you that you did just what we did until you were forced to do otherwise, so that won't quite hold up for you either.

We can't house millions of people, we house those we can. Just because you think America is better than Sweden doesn't make it true, nor is it. I never took you for being such a patriotic american and quite honestly you scare me. You are everything I hate about american thinking and I do not only hate Bush, I hate people who think like you.

You aren't the best and you never have been. You may be the biggest bullies and you may ride your superpower fame but China is going to rise in both the near and far future and you won't be able to contain them yourselves. Now quit your BS.

Sweden's awesome! I recently heard a report on the radio about a small town that decided they wanted to tear up all their streets to replace everyone's individual oil-burning heaters with a centralized steam heating system based on wood from the nearby forest, which they calculated new growth from would exceed use. You guys really are holding down the environmental front.

Oh, and I agree, the US is only the 'best' if you think about the ability to coerce other countries to do your bidding.

And don't feel bad about the WWII, no one knew about the holocaust until (I think it was the 101st airborne) discovered a concentration camp. Honestly, countries kinda have the right to try and take over others if they share a boarder. I think it's wrong but....well, I don't know. Conquest just only recently went out of style.
Last edited by Mr. Happy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby slayera on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:36 am

I never said nor believe Sweden is better or worst than the US. They both have their faults and greatness.

As for your other point.

http://www.leap.cc/

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dead-Inside on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:23 pm

slayera wrote:As for your other point.

What the hell? End what prohobition?
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:38 pm

slayera wrote:I never said nor believe Sweden is better or worst than the US. They both have their faults and greatness.

As for your other point.

Sorry, totaly screwed up the quoting! So, you said that sweden doesnt have an immigration problem, Dead-Inside said he likes sweden. I said I think sweden's awesome. I also think that switzerland is beautiful. I also think that the US is both of those things too.

Great video, heard about it, never saw it, great great vid thanks

Dr Glass did you watch it?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby zombie@computer on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:58 pm

Sweden is much better than the USA in atleast one thing: Chichs! Hot, blond, chichs! Practically everywhere! It's like candy-land! They don't even know what fat is!
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mr. Happy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:02 pm

I really wish I had gone to Sweden, closest I got was switzerland and the netherlands.

Haarlem
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby slayera on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 pm

zombie@computer wrote:Sweden is much better than the USA in atleast one thing: Chichs! Hot, blond, chichs! Practically everywhere! It's like candy-land! They don't even know what fat is!

I can 100% argee with that! I think Sweden has some of the hottest babes in the world. And like ALL but native Americans(Indians) we all come from other counties, I am part Swedish and (cough**cough*)part Welsh and English.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DrGlass on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:05 am

Mr Happy wrote:
Dr Glass did you watch it?

Didn't I post the link :shock:

As far as the US and how "good" or "bad" it is... well I caught a nice Bill Mar clip the other day. To sum it up, the US is always calling it's self the "greatest nation on earth" and talking about stuff the last generation did (moon landing, etc.) but the current US isn't acting like the greatest nation on earth. As far as statistics, we are doing bad with education, infant mortality, unemployment, etc. etc. etc.

Practically the only thing we have going for us is the Bill of Rights, which is slowly being destroyed with little protest from the people. "Americans" who allow the government to take away our freedom make terrorist look like f*king saints. The true Americans are in the ACLU and other like organizations.

The depressingly funny thing is that the flag waving conservatives who call "liberals" anti-America are the ones destroying this country...
Signature images are 400x100 - Please kill yourself because you can't design graphics for crap, stupid head...

Join the map mosaic
DrGlass
Regular
Regular

Postby Sorrow on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:19 am

slayera wrote:I can 100% argee with that! I think Sweden has some of the hottest babes in the world. And like ALL but native Americans(Indians) we all come from other counties, I am part Swedish and (cough**cough*)part Welsh and English.

ORLY?
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby firedfns13 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:12 am

well i got lazy today, as i am tired from diving at 6 am everyday on break, and Kalahari int eh dells, lol, so i didnt read all four pages.

But i dont agree with a lot of topics in our politics right now. I think that same sex marriage should b legal, as long as you are not imposing it in any way on people; or pressing it on/exposing people in school to it. I've wanted to punch some of my teachers for some of the things they re trying to convert us to, i mean teach us about.

As about illicit drugs... they should b illegal still, the things they cause like junkies and their problems are bad for society and people in general. Also, the money generated goes to support terrorism. It may not be Al Quada, but it still affects people somewhere in the world.

the thing i hate most is how everyone most be politically correct. Especially how everything has to be in dual languages. I am not a bigot; but if you live in a f*!@&# english speaking country, you learn to read, speak, and understand the god d#$%# f@#$@#% language, instead of making everyone learn your language. The ironic part of this is that I m taking spanish in highschool, but i may switch to chinese. :P Go Warriors lol.
Liberals are retards, lobbyists are retards, and it pisses me off how people can be morons and sue for lots and lots of money.
firedfns13
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Boognish on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:39 am

About drugs, the reason marajauana was made illegal in the US in the first place was because of decreased productivity. Have you seen the anti-pot commercials that are saying pot dosen't harm you, it makes you boring? I think they are spot on.

I also agree that alcohol should be made illegal, but we already tried that and it didn't work. I say that because my dad is an alcoholic, and it's ruined half of my family. I just want to stay away from it.

About the US sucking, I agree. I hate the way that we treat the UN. We ignore it unless we need it's help. Part of the reason that I think that we're not doing anything to help the enviornment is because the christian right believes that the rapture is coming. So they don't care, it'll all be over soon anyways, and if we keep at this rate it will.
Boognish

Postby slayera on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:40 am

Liberals are retards

Without the libs there would be no balance, like help for students, health care, social security, ect. It's too bad that both have to accept some of the other crap that goes along with it. I love that GOP is pro business, but anti abortion and pro christian. Or that dem for helping those who can't help themself, but are anti gun. The US two party system will end up killing us. We really need to have more political parties to lend weight to one or the others point of view.

"There is nothing I dread so much as a division of the Republic into two great political parties, each arranged under its leader and converting measures in opposition to each other." John Adams

That is not the quote I was looking for but it covers the meaning I am looking for.

slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:37 am

Boognish wrote:About drugs, the reason marajauana was made illegal in the US in the first place was because of decreased productivity. Have you seen the anti-pot commercials that are saying pot dosen't harm you, it makes you boring? I think they are spot on.

I also agree that alcohol should be made illegal, but we already tried that and it didn't work. I say that because my dad is an alcoholic, and it's ruined half of my family. I just want to stay away from it.

About the US sucking, I agree. I hate the way that we treat the UN. We ignore it unless we need it's help. Part of the reason that I think that we're not doing anything to help the enviornment is because the christian right believes that the rapture is coming. So they don't care, it'll all be over soon anyways, and if we keep at this rate it will.

Marijuana was originally made illegal because of racism. If you've ever seen anti-drug reels from the 1910-s-1930'2 you'd know this to be true. They showed blacks and mexicans smoking marijuana and then going on murderous rampages. The laws were first enacted in the south, expecially in small towns, where mexican immigration was high and blacks were hated (remember this was within 50-70, or 2-3 generations, of the emancipation proclamation)

firedfns13: ONLY heroin, opium, and china-white, the three worst drugs, support terrorism. Meth is made by retarded conservative rednecks, most marijuana is grown in the United States, cocaine is produced by cartels with no political agenda outside their own area, chemical drugs are not widely used, nor expensive enough to support a violence based black market economy.

Gang violence from marijuana and cocaine importers, and crack distributers have little to no impact on the average citizen and is not terrorism.

slayera, nice quote I love it
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Boognish on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:35 am

I don't doubt you, but have you seen Reefer Madness? They are all white.

I agree, good quote.
Boognish

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion