US Govt Funding Al-Qaeda Attacks in Iran?

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby hyper3 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:41 am

Dead-Inside wrote:
hyper3 wrote:See its funny your all talking down on Bush because of this yet Jimmy Cater and Ragaen were funding Al-Qaeda during the Soviet-Afghan war.. so i mean really who cares. I believe we did the same thing in South America against the cartels yes?

What the fuck do you mean who cares?

Like it doesn't matter?

No.. theyre doing it to us who cares.
hyper3

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:07 am

whatever.

what the cia does is none of the government's, nor the people's, business. that's how the intelligence business works, in every country,.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ƒray on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 am

Signature images are 400x100 - You sir fail at rule listening
ƒray
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Prvt_Peanut on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 am

The Watcher wrote:I really don't like politics now. I never have liked them, and I never will... :x

Not all politics is fucked up, and if you want to actually change things for the better you're going to need to work with politics.
Prvt_Peanut
Regular
Regular

Postby Mango on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:19 am

what the cia does is none of the government's, nor the people's, business. that's how the intelligence business works, in every country,.

The CIA is an intelligence agency, under the government. It is at the direction of the President and under oversight by Congress. Legally speaking.

Do you wish they were some autonomous agency operating under complete secrecy, accountable to no-one and working towards some shadowy goal of protecting* America by any means necessary? It's unfortunate that "intelligence" also means "kidnapping suspected terrorists, then flying them abroad to secret CIA prisons for torture".

*read: advancing a political agenda that involves an incredible cost of hundreds of thousands of lives destroyed, and their children's lives, and so on, ad infinitum
Mango

Postby Dead-Inside on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 am

Mango wrote:

The CIA is an intelligence agency, under the government. It is at the direction of the President and under oversight by Congress. Legally speaking.

Do you wish they were some autonomous agency operating under complete secrecy, accountable to no-one and working towards some shadowy goal of protecting* America by any means necessary? It's unfortunate that "intelligence" also means "kidnapping suspected terrorists, then flying them abroad to secret CIA prisons for torture".

*read: advancing a political agenda that involves an incredible cost of hundreds of thousands of lives destroyed, and their children's lives, and so on, ad infinitum

Remember, though, this is only true to about the US. Other countries do *not* operate this way.

In other words, "that's how the intelligence business works, in every country,." is not true. It is true that media does not have an insight into what they do, for security reasons. Not for conspiracy reasons. They are being watched by those appointed to do so, aswell as from within the government organ itself. This, at least, goes for swedish SÄPO.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion