Talking CCTV

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby Mango on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Mr Happy wrote:But I wish we didn't have hand guns, they are useless.

They're rather good for propelling lumps of lead into people with the object to kill/main someone.
Mango

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:35 pm

yeah but as a tool i mean, guns are tools ya know? lioke a screwdriver. but handguns are very good tools
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby abathor on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Mr Happy wrote:I've only had one pointed at me once and I just put my face in the dirt. My fault for getting in that situation though, shouldn't have ignored my instincts.

Fuck, what happened? hope you don't mind me asking.
abathor
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Dead-Inside on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Mr Happy wrote:I'm not sure about the exact population, but if I did my math right, I think one in every 18,778 people were murdered by a gun in 2004, so it's very unlikely your going to get shot I guess.

That gives you a 0.3% chance to be shot to death in 60 years (saying that this is an active age to be shot). Depending on where you live this rate should change a lot.

0.3% is ... a shitload. Might I add.

Add these 0.3% to all other deaths and the likelyhood that you'll live your entire life and die peacefully is extremly slim. Sucks.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby abathor on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:17 pm

The likelyhood of being shot in this country is mercifully very low. However in certain areas of big cities it is rising, and knife crime is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Basically if people can't get guns, they get knives, and they may not be able to be quite as dangerous, but to an unarmed person, who doesn't have a gun, because they are illegal, it can be very threatening.
abathor
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Dead-Inside on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:19 pm

I'd rather be threatened than shot.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Mangopork wrote:
zombie@computer wrote:
Mangopork wrote:Here are some of the Safest cities/states in the world:

Kennesaw GA, USA
Boston, MA USA
New Hampshire, USA
Montana, USA
Texas, USA
Based on what source?

Glad you asked :D

Aside from the fact that I have lived near Kennesaw GA, In Texas, Visited New Hampshire & Boston, and nary a gunshot nor CCTV camera nor robbery nor cry for help can be found there, here you go...

Rather than posting an endless series of links, simple google links will suffice. Its almost entirely unanimous, just read the sources provided:

Kennessaw: Gun Laws Proven Success
x

Boston: Low Crime rate and its attributes
x

New Hampshire Violent Crime Rate Third LOWEST in the Country:
x

Texas violent crime rate
x

Texas Gun Laws: Mixed Bag
x

(Edit: Seems I was admittedly somewhat wrong about this one. Texas USED to have a very low crime rate back when I lived there but apparently things have changed. However, further examination notes high violent crime rate due to a much wider variety of factors including, not just gun control laws, so there are other things at work here. Still, in support of my original argument, you will notice that there has been a lot of back-and-forth legal motions in regards to gun ownership in Texas, which could explain a lot. While this scenario does not debunk my original arguments, it's worth looking into. Examine carefully for yourself).

I just want freedom.....
i see sites of guncrazeys, gun associations and the likes claiming crimes got lower since they had guns. Okay, we had this argument before, im sure crime will decrease when the efforts to kill get lower. sure... But thats not the argument. The argument was "Here are some of the Safest cities/states in the world", which is something you cant possibly get out of those sources.
Atleast not the ones i visited (ive read give or take 10-15 total). Offcourse im not going to dig through each and every link, its the purpose of an argument to come with arguments, not with "heres a google query, go read" or something like that (that would make pretty pointless arguments). You cant convince me with this. Not at all
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mr. Happy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:53 pm

I heard the camera's get unplugged and/or stolen alot
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Khaeotixs on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Mr Happy wrote:I heard the camera's get unplugged and/or stolen alot

Sounds fun!

Thanks for the idea!

Brb, goin stealin CCTV cams :P

Lol, serious now,

The poles they are on (in my area) are something like 50 feet tall. To climb that, unnoticed, and STEAL the cameras from the top must be a rather spectacular feat. And, of course, the locals will probably crowd round or something, especially the kids, and start talking loudly or W/E, and attract police.

Still, sounds fun...
Woe Kitten wrote:It's so old it's new again!

Athlete{UK} wrote:Dionysos. You kill yourself and piss me off in the process i'm coming after your ghost with a dyson you scum sucking fuck end!
Khaeotixs
Regular
Regular

Postby Dead-Inside on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:54 pm

and cutting the pole down and ripping the camera off, which only takes about a second, is of course a much worse option I see.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Khaeotixs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 pm

Dead-Inside wrote:and cutting the pole down and ripping the camera off, which only takes about a second, is of course a much worse option I see.

Erm...

How to rip the pole down?
Steel tube about 1/4 inch thick, concrete up to a certain height.... The fact that they would look down on you and see the poor sod trying to cut through it with a hacksaw...
Woe Kitten wrote:It's so old it's new again!

Athlete{UK} wrote:Dionysos. You kill yourself and piss me off in the process i'm coming after your ghost with a dyson you scum sucking fuck end!
Khaeotixs
Regular
Regular

Postby Dead-Inside on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:23 pm

I haven't seen a camera myself, it was just the logical way to steal it.

Why the hell would I climb when I can cut?
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SlappyBag on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Because you can't cut when you have no hands!

I watched a TV special a while ago about CCTV and its really helpful, the squads of police get a direct line to the CCTV operators and they can ask them to watch a subject or report where they are and then they can track the subject. It works very similarly to how police helicopters tell the land units where the suspects are.

CCTV is good.
SlappyBag
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sniggers on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:30 pm

Blink wrote:Unfortunately for us there are so many cunts in power that it is no surpirse when things like this start to phase their way in.

Welcome to Britain under Labour.
Labour are traditionally the power and money hungry party. Always have been always will be.
Sniggers
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion