I have the ability to know what some one is thinking

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: I have the ability to know what some one is thinking

Postby coder0xff on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Mr. Happy, just because we can't directly observe and test consciousness doesn't mean we can't perform experiments regarding things like ESP, telekinesis, and prayer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ROFLhacks on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

your mom is a serial killer
Fortune tellers make a killing nowadays
ROFLhacks
Regular
Regular

Postby skoften on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:27 pm

WITCHRAFT WITCHRAFTWITCHRAFTWITCHRAFT

GTFO

BURN THE WITCH

why is this thread in serious discussion

do not aprove
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gradius on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Have you ruled out that possibility that your mother is actually a mass murderer?
O_o
Gradius
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Sentura on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:37 am

coder0xff wrote:Mr. Happy, just because we can't directly observe and test consciousness doesn't mean we can't perform experiments regarding things like ESP, telekinesis, and prayer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology

with the knowledge of quantum mechanics, and with the mind physically being in that specific realm, does that not violate the uncertainty principle? trying to study consciousness and subconscious in detail would require interaction beyond our realm of understanding. for all we know, there could be a million virtual black holes in our heads that could manipulate the data to look exactly as it is or isn't happening.
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby skoften on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Sentura wrote:
coder0xff wrote:Mr. Happy, just because we can't directly observe and test consciousness doesn't mean we can't perform experiments regarding things like ESP, telekinesis, and prayer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology

with the knowledge of quantum mechanics, and with the mind physically being in that specific realm, does that not violate the uncertainty principle? trying to study consciousness and subconscious in detail would require interaction beyond our realm of understanding. for all we know, there could be a million virtual black holes in our heads that could manipulate the data to look exactly as it is or isn't happening.

those studying or executing the crafts of magic shall be burned
let this be a warning
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby coder0xff on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Sentura wrote:

OK, you're just making shit up now. Do you know what the uncertainty principle is and why it is? Did you even look at the link I posted?
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:13 pm

jangalomph wrote:Over the past few years, some crazy events have happened in my life recently.

To start it off.. My mom has an ability to know when some one is dead/being hurt. "Only for a select few people we know."

1. My mom knew when the lady beside my uncle was being beat and killed by 3 black men. We soon found out that she was indeed killed and beaten.
2. My mom knew when our neighbor committed suicide.
3. My mom knew when our other neighbor died. Some one went over there, and he was lying dead on the floor.
4. My mom called my grandmother, and told her that our cousin Jesse was killed in a car accident. A few hours later, we surely found out that he had died in a car wreck, and note this was the first time any family got the call.

What if she was involved? 8)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:16 am

Dr. Delta wrote:
jangalomph wrote:Over the past few years, some crazy events have happened in my life recently.

To start it off.. My mom has an ability to know when some one is dead/being hurt. "Only for a select few people we know."

1. My mom knew when the lady beside my uncle was being beat and killed by 3 black men. We soon found out that she was indeed killed and beaten.
2. My mom knew when our neighbor committed suicide.
3. My mom knew when our other neighbor died. Some one went over there, and he was lying dead on the floor.
4. My mom called my grandmother, and told her that our cousin Jesse was killed in a car accident. A few hours later, we surely found out that he had died in a car wreck, and note this was the first time any family got the call.

What if she was involved? 8)

Thats a dang good question.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Sentura on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm

coder0xff wrote:
Sentura wrote:

OK, you're just making shit up now. Do you know what the uncertainty principle is and why it is? Did you even look at the link I posted?

yes i do know what the uncertainty principle is. what i'm saying is that it could be that there is a placebo effect, and the reason for this placebo effect could be rooted in quantum science. i'm not making any shit up, this is all within the theoretical quantum mechanics (i think virtual black holes is a fairly new theory).
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby Major Banter on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm

I think you're all full of shit.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby coder0xff on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:26 am

Sentura wrote:
coder0xff wrote:
Sentura wrote:

yes i do know what the uncertainty principle is. what i'm saying is that it could be that there is a placebo effect, and the reason for this placebo effect could be rooted in quantum science. i'm not making any shit up, this is all within the theoretical quantum mechanics (i think virtual black holes is a fairly new theory).

It doesn't matter what's happening under the hood. The tests operate at a functional level using double blind studies. Even if some weird quantum trickery is going on in our brains, it doesn't produce things like ESP and telekinesis, which is what we are testing.

Also, since you know what the Uncertainty Prinicple is, please explain to me how the mind being physical violates it.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sentura on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

coder0xff wrote:It doesn't matter what's happening under the hood. The tests operate at a functional level using double blind studies. Even if some weird quantum trickery is going on in our brains, it doesn't produce things like ESP and telekinesis, which is what we are testing.

Also, since you know what the Uncertainty Prinicple is, please explain to me how the mind being physical violates it.

the violation (or whatever you would call it) would be the same as schrödinger's cat. even with double blind tests, you're still applying observation to a device/organ that may contain connections to quantum realm (to say that we know everything about the brain would be arrogant). even at a functional level, you cannot be certain that the results you get aren't biased because of the "quantum trickery" going on.

everything is connected, there are no isolated systems in the real world. you cannot be sure that the test aren't in some way rigged by arbitrary subatomic particles.

also, the mind was never physical. the mind is the entity that (arguably) our brain has created for us as an engine and starting point for understanding and living.
Sentura
Regular
Regular

Postby coder0xff on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:55 am

The only way you can claim to have ESP is to either do it on demand for observation or to have logged all instances of success and failure. Otherwise, I think it's fair to say that you don't have ESP. Without a log at minimum, your account of your own ability is likely skewed by your own perception. That doesn't mean that it's impossible of course, it just means that no evidence for it exists. I know a few other superstitious things that can be described the same way.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jadelicosner89 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 am

nice one.. i think that is a very good intuition gift.. hope you can keep it longer not to harm others but to help the least..
jadelicosner89
Just Joined
Just Joined

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion