Source Modding Community SDK Petition

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Source Modding Community SDK Petition

Postby Gary on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I looked into it, looks pretty neat. Though it's static... so no dynamic casters or receivers.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby polycruncher on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Valve should make level and games design more accessible with GUI enhancements and photoshop, 3d app integration imo. :[]:
-applaunch 420 compile every day
polycruncher
Regular
Regular

Postby keldorn on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Gary wrote:I looked into it, looks pretty neat. Though it's static... so no dynamic casters or receivers.

Its still pretty awesome. Maby valve should license it and put it into source? Instead of coming up with something in-house. Only issue I could see is the licensing and modding, in that case valve wouldn't do it, then nobody could do mapping for their games. Kinda might be why source is getting so behind, there trying to keep the engine 3rd party free maby. I think Havoc is only thing there using in the engine thats 3rd party right now.
keldorn
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 pm

There are some tools they don't release due to it having 3rd party content. I highly doubt it is what keeps the engine behind though.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby tron00 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 am

I've been frustrated for months about the broken L4D Authoring Tools (model viewer). I've searched high and low for a fix and one does not exist. As I understand it, they broke and fixed the same issue with L4D2. I started thinking, this was the very reason the L4D2 Boycott group said they were organizing - lack of L4D1 support. I say bring back the boycott group. If fact, I say all Source modders should join together and not release any more mods until some of these issues are resolved. I for one, am very upset.

EDIT.. Oh, man. I Necro'ed the hell out of this thread. >shields up, prepares to get flamed<
tron00
Regular
Regular

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am

tron00 wrote:I've been frustrated for months about the broken L4D Authoring Tools (model viewer). I've searched high and low for a fix and one does not exist. As I understand it, they broke and fixed the same issue with L4D2. I started thinking, this was the very reason the L4D2 Boycott group said they were organizing - lack of L4D1 support. I say bring back the boycott group. If fact, I say all Source modders should join together and not release any more mods until some of these issues are resolved. I for one, am very upset.

EDIT.. Oh, man. I Necro'ed the hell out of this thread. >shields up, prepares to get flamed<

We we're talking about the Authoring tools bro. This thread is about problems modders didn't like that surrounded the SDK.

Also SUPER NECRO POST.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby source-maps on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 pm

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:
tron00 wrote:I've been frustrated for months about the broken L4D Authoring Tools (model viewer). I've searched high and low for a fix and one does not exist. As I understand it, they broke and fixed the same issue with L4D2. I started thinking, this was the very reason the L4D2 Boycott group said they were organizing - lack of L4D1 support. I say bring back the boycott group. If fact, I say all Source modders should join together and not release any more mods until some of these issues are resolved. I for one, am very upset.

We we're talking about the Authoring tools bro. This thread is about problems modders didn't like that surrounded the SDK.

Also SUPER NECRO POST.

yeah, but I don't like this authoring tools trend either.. what the community isn't good enough to mod your games all of the sudden Valve? wtf
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Source-maps has a point, Valve pretty much destroyed our tools once they became popular with portal and l4d series.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I can't wait for the Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Authoring Tools to come out so I can create a huge variety of maps and gameplay experiences without creating any new entity types. /sarcasm
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby tron00 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 am

I've only been doing this for about a year and a half, and just with Left 4 Dead, so I don't understand everything you guys do and use, but I know sometimes I'll research something and find out it only works in Half Life. So, it would be nice if there was one tool for everything. Trying to map without the model viewer just sucks, though. It's been dead for so long it has crushed my soul, for sure.
tron00
Regular
Regular

Postby Zecrah on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah
Major Banter wrote:Zecrah, you've come from nowhere yet have rapidly become a Hammer God.

Wtf.

Check out my weapons tutorial
Zecrah
Design Section Moderator

Postby marks on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

source-maps wrote:.. what the community isn't good enough to mod your games all of the sudden Valve? wtf

I wouldn't trust the community to mod my games :| tbh
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby source-maps on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:59 pm

marks wrote:
source-maps wrote:.. what the community isn't good enough to mod your games all of the sudden Valve? wtf

I wouldn't trust the community to mod my games :| tbh

explanation needed
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Terr on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 pm

ScarT wrote:I'm gonna bump this thread, to notify you guys of a thread I wrote on hlcoders.
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/h ... 33763.html

The first link in the thread and I get a browser full of NSFW spam and attempted malware...

Here's an alternate archive.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby marks on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Have you seen some of the shit the mod community comes out with?
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion