Attack in Norway

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Attack in Norway

Postby Dives on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Gary wrote:It's too bad no one there had a gun, they could of shot the bastard before he killed more.

Well, it was a children's camp on a small island. Even if there were no gun laws, I wouldn't expect anyone there to have one.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gary on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Ah, good point.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Simpletool on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Gary wrote:I somewhat doubt that me wishing this mass murderer would die a horrible death makes me as bad as him.

Anyways, now we are getting a bit off topic... if we want to continue discussing how a mass murderer should be treated, then we should make a new thread for it.

I'm not implying it does. You need to recognize however that when you take pleasure in cruelty towards anyone (no matter their actions) those thoughts parallel the same reasoning Anders used to justify his mass murder.

Quite frankly I find the amount of people in this thread masturbating to torture fantasies disturbing.
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 am

It isn't a fantasy, nor do we masturbait to this :| Its simply what he deserves in our mind. If you kill some one, you should die too. Simple as that.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby LordDz on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 am

jangalomph wrote:It isn't a fantasy, nor do we masturbait to this :| Its simply what he deserves in our mind. If you kill some one, you should die too. Simple as that.

Does that apply to the military too?
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Simpletool on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 am

jangalomph wrote:It isn't a fantasy, nor do we masturbait to this :| Its simply what he deserves in our mind. If you kill some one, you should die too. Simple as that.

How old are you? I ask this not to be condescending but because your idea of justice is really immature.
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 am

17. But age isn't the factor. We are all raised in different parts of the world and have different views.., and frankly I've got my dads part on life. You kill some one, you need to die to.
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MNM on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:41 am

How about the one that kills the one that killed, does he need to die too?
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Simpletool on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:43 am

jangalomph wrote: You kill some one, you need to die to.

If that's your idea of justice then why take so much pleasure in the punishment?

Eh, chop his fingers off while hes awake.

Just beat him with a club, there is no cruel and unusual punishment for him. Atleast idk if norway has the law like that like we do. So just beat him down. Make him better. And do it over again.

Burn him over and over, Gewd idea.
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 am

MNM wrote:How about the one that kills the one that killed, does he need to die too?

I'm sure Jang doesn't mean it like that. This guy went on a killing rampage, murdering people who did nothing wrong. This guy deserves to suffer and die.

Also, I don't take joy out of the thought of this murder being horribly executed for his crimes. It's what I think he deserves and I will find comfort in knowing this person will never be hurting anyone again.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Simpletool on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:09 am

Gary wrote:
MNM wrote:
Also, I don't take joy out of the thought of this murder being horribly executed for his crimes. It's what I think he deserves and I will find comfort in knowing this person will never be hurting anyone again.

And what does an execution accomplish that life imprisonment can't?
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:55 am

Life imprisonment takes my tax money to pay for some worthless soul. This guy isn't taking my money since it isn't my country. But I hate paying for all the people in prison. Put taxes to good use like schools, and maybe our schooling system wouldn't be shit.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dives on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 am

jangalomph wrote:Life imprisonment takes my tax money to pay for some worthless soul. This guy isn't taking my money since it isn't my country. But I hate paying for all the people in prison. Put taxes to good use like schools, and maybe our schooling system wouldn't be shit.

At least in the US, executions cost more money than life imprisonment due to endless appeals and lengthy trial durations.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:09 am

Simpletool wrote:
Gary wrote:
MNM wrote:

And what does an execution accomplish that life imprisonment can't?

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. By killing (executing) this man, you're doing the same as he did with others.

John 8:7 wrote:But when they continued asking him, he looked up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her."

We, as a general society, decided we don't want people killed because they done anything wrong. We want them to continue living, in prison. Which is way crueler, besides.

Death is the easiest way out of this, for Breivik. Death is the easiest way out for anyone, the pressure of daily life, difficult assessments, a marriage going wrong. Death always is, the easiest solution to anything. And not giving someone who did something this the opportunity to 'just' end his life, is his penalty. Imagine being lock up, for 40? 60? years, and not being allowed to entertain yourself, or do whatever you please, that is torture. So him being locked up, taking away his freedom and not letting him die and easily escaping the actions of his deeds, is, in my opinion, the best penalty he could ever get.

Unrelated,
The internet is , as expected, entertaining itself about his actions .
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Simpletool on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:11 am

jangalomph wrote:Life imprisonment takes my tax money to pay for some worthless soul. This guy isn't taking my money since it isn't my country. But I hate paying for all the people in prison. Put taxes to good use like schools, and maybe our schooling system wouldn't be shit.

Except you're wrong.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issu ... nalty-cost
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion