Breaking The Taboo: Ending the war on drugs

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Do you agree with the decriminalization of most if not all drugs?

Yes
59%
No
29%
Maybe
12%

Total votes : 17

Breaking The Taboo: Ending the war on drugs

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 am

Featuring interviews with several current or former presidents from around the world, such as Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, the film follows The Global Commission on Drug Policy on a mission to break the political taboo over the United States led War on Drugs and expose what it calls the biggest failure of global policy in the last 40 years.

What do you guys think on ending the war on drugs?

I believe the film brings up a very valid point, and that the war on drugs has failed. And the more publicity it gets the better.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Breaking The Taboo: Ending the war on drugs

Postby Epifire on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 am

Definitely gonna watch this when I get some more time tomorrow, cause this has my interest.
Epifire

Postby Knights on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 am

A great video! Thanks... Drugs are f'ed up and I say just let people use them and eventually die from em, thinning the herd I say... :smt041
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Spas12 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm

most drugs are bad. marijuana is comparable to coffee. drugs are produced by the government (especially crack) to eradicate and dumb down minorities they don't want to have an upper hand in society. the government funds drug cartels to earn a little side money. Banks fund the drug cartels so the drug profits get kicked back to the banksters themselves. Drugs can make people realize they are one with nature, or it can alter their decision making and maybe they will do something bad or harm someone else. individual drug violations produces income for lawyers, cops and judges alike. i can get high off of Robitussin or a highlighter for a much cheaper price.

Whether we legalize or decriminalize drugs it is still going to produce good and bad effects in the long run. Im not even gonna watch the video, ive already heard and know it all.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby skoften on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Spas12 wrote:most drugs are bad. marijuana is comparable to coffee.

I want the coffee you're drinking : O
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby source-maps on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:17 pm

skoften wrote:
Spas12 wrote:most drugs are bad. marijuana is comparable to coffee.

I want the coffee you're drinking : O

hell yeah lol

Knights wrote:A great video! Thanks... Drugs are f'ed up and I say just let people use them and eventually die from em, thinning the herd I say... :smt041

do you ever drink alcohol?
if you do stuff in moderation it's not necessarily bad for you.. too much of it and it kills ya

anyway, haven't watched the video.. but considering America has an industrialized prison system, keeping drugs illegal is good for business, especially soft drugs like marijuana ..

I feel for you rational thinking Americans, no government is perfect.. but yours truly sucks in comparison to other western/progressive nations
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ErikKiller on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Also, don't forget how successful the whole prohibition of alcohol was...
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Epifire on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

I really can't agree to decriminalization of it. Yeah other things can be abused just like drugs (including alcohol) but might as well limit things you can that are heavily abused already. Just start with one section at a time, but my kind of ideas for enforcement policies would not be accepted in modern day america (at least the enforcement that would get the job done). There is a lot wrong that would botch things up with the feminized politically correct nation we have become. But I tell you this... if there was a major crimp to the lower class to get the freeloaders working again (and force them to get off their lazy butts to survive) as well as much more lethal penalties that would press this further, then there is no way.

The public and the freeloaders commonly support drugs as something regular and the media also pushes it as well in a lot of the entertainment seen today. There is no way on earth that current America will ever have a chance of ridding ourselves of the vast drug culture, with all that there is in favor of it right now.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Epifire wrote:I really can't agree to decriminalization of it. Yeah other things can be abused just like drugs (including alcohol) but might as well limit things you can that are heavily abused already. Just start with one section at a time, but my kind of ideas for enforcement policies would not be accepted in modern day america (at least the enforcement that would get the job done). There is a lot wrong that would botch things up with the feminized politically correct nation we have become. But I tell you this... if there was a major crimp to the lower class to get the freeloaders working again (and force them to get off their lazy butts to survive) as well as much more lethal penalties that would press this further, then there is no way.

The public and the freeloaders commonly support drugs as something regular and the media also pushes it as well in a lot of the entertainment seen today. There is no way on earth that current America will ever have a chance of ridding ourselves of the vast drug culture, with all that there is in favor of it right now.

yes that's really smart to punish people for experimenting, especially the younger generation.. trow them in jail and ruin their future and gain a shit load of prisoners in return :)
just because little Johnny was curious and wanted to have some fun

good example.. on festivals in the Netherlands.. sometimes there is a signs outside on how much of a certain drug you can carry on you (to make sure it's for recreational use only, and not dealing) right next to that sign is a medical outpost, which will make sure people use it safe and will go see a doctor if something does go wrong

just like with sex (which 'most' Americans also handle like 12 year olds) just be open about it, educate the people what it does to you, and if you do it make sure to do it safe.. things like these are very obvious and doesn't only sound good in theory.. it's proven time and time again that it works.
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Some times harsh things have to be done to keep people out of harm, even if it does imprison people it drives it's point home. People then will look and see how much trouble they can get into for it.

I don't feel any pity for, "little johnys" of today, because it is shouted everywhere in the states of how illegal it is. It's the people's fault for doing it in the first place. Simply put if you don't want to get tossed in the clinker don't do it in the first place. Simple as that.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Epifire wrote:Some times harsh things have to be done to keep people out of harm, even if it does imprison people it drives it's point home. People then will look and see how much trouble they can get into for it.

I don't feel any pity for, "little johnys" of today, because it is shouted everywhere in the states of how illegal it is. It's the people's fault for doing it in the first place. Simply put if you don't want to get tossed in the clinker don't do it in the first place. Simple as that.

oke, I guess Obama has to go to jail too.. considering he did coke and weed

anyway, reality doesn't agree with your opinion
again if I use sex as an analogy.. states like Mississippi have the highest teen pregnancy rates simply because they teach abstinence and don't talk about safe sex
that sounds an awful lot like 'If you don't wanna go to jail you just shouldn't use' (oke, sex might be our prime instinct, but we're also a very curious and social specie)

besides all that... way to be intolerant man, just because you don't agree with a certain substance.. other people should be trown in jail for getting high and eating cookies on a couch while watching comedy movies

next thing you know we will ban stuff like video games because the dopamine rush you get from it is too addicting
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Well you got your view on it and I got mine. All I know is people would get the picture real quick, or they would face the consequences for it. The Government is to lenient these days when it comes to laws. Btw that info on Obama comes to no surprise to me, but there is so many accusations against him these days I don't trust to many Sources.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Epifire wrote:Well you got your view on it and I got mine. All I know is people would get the picture real quick, or they would face the consequences for it. The Government is to lenient these days when it comes to laws. Btw that info on Obama comes to no surprise to me, but there is so many accusations against him these days I don't trust to many Sources.

... it's in his own book

anyway, what's your position on Alcohol.. just to check if you're consistent or hypocritical

(also, 1000.000.000 on the war on drugs, and Obama cracking down on legal medical marijuana, a lot of young (black) people going to jail for weed possession, doesn't sound 'lenient' to me)
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

source-maps wrote:anyway, what's your position on Alcohol.. just to check if you're consistent or hypocritical

I quote myself for this answer...

Epifire wrote:Yeah other things can be abused just like drugs (including alcohol) but might as well limit things you can that are heavily abused already. Just start with one section at a time, but my kind of ideas for enforcement policies would not be accepted in modern day america (at least the enforcement that would get the job done).

Even under extreme measures I believe sometimes it takes a lot of force and effort to take down a threat such that the drug culture is and has become. Alcoholism is an even harder effort but I believe all can be addressed in due time (were the government to take such lengthy measures). The reason why taking down Alcohol is even harder is that it is deep rooted ever more so then drugs are. It goes to back beyond America in general but it can be just as bad if not worse in quite a many cases. See I don't have a problem with drugs or alcohol on my own personal level because it is not an issue for me to deal with. But across the board both are seen to do much harm to people who choose to become addicts to either and it affects those around them. This alone leaves me to feel moved to do something about it.

A simple formula that sums up how I feel about this could be said as so... "Weigh out the cost of something you want to legalize by what it gives or takes within society"

-Will it do more harm then good across the board to the public?
-Will it improve or worsen the condition of society by legalizing it?

Both pointers can apply to either Drugs or Alcohol, but since this topic started off as a Drug opinions thread I figured I would just address that and not get to off topic.
Epifire

Postby source-maps on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

-Will it do more harm then good across the board to the public?
-Will it improve or worsen the condition of society by legalizing it?

well.. more people in jail that would other wise go to school and get a career.. now turned into criminals.. is that really what you want

honestly.. I enjoy drinking a glass of Whiskey with my dad or having a beer with my buddies
and from time to time I enjoy smoking some hash, that nice vanilla-ish flavor combined with a relaxed high

I take me school seriously, worked since I was 13, never got into trouble with the police nor with other people on the street.. yeah trow me in jail and make me a criminal because I have some fun with substances you don't agree with
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Next

Return to Serious Discussion