The Rain Crow

Films, albums, random internet videos.

The Rain Crow

Postby nub on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Hey everybody. I'm just making this thread to show you a great Trance artist over at Acid Planet. I have been following his music for a few months now and I really feel that he's the best indie artist I've seen in a while. He's done countless Psytrance tracks, and does, on occasion, ambiance and Down Tempo. He's pretty good at all of them too.

I may have mentioned his name in a thread a bit back, but I don't know if many of you noticed it or bothered to look him up, but if so, great. He didn't ask me to make a thread about him so that he could get more attention, I'm just making this thread at my own will because I feel he deserves it.

But anyway, you can check out his profile here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=636937&T=5611

I hope you guys enjoy his work. I've got many of his songs on my iPod that I listen to very often. Some of his tracks are so mellow, they help me sleep.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Rain Crow

Postby taimpel on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm

The Rain Crow (aka Keegan) is a close friend of mine here in the scenic beauty of Montana. Ive been following his progression since high school, now we both go to the same college, the vision he pursues in psychedelic music and art has expanded greatly over the years. the juicy texture applied to the compositions is really an exciting change from many of the other artists around. If you haven't viewed the drawings or paintings yet I would suggest you go to deviantart.com and search for Trance-de-anima or my random art is also on that site as Jassper311. I am excited to hear that you enjoy the rain crow so much and have the songs on your mp3 player. What do you think of the newer trip-hop direction? He is putting together an album of trip-hop. It is really cool talking with him about the depth of music and hearing his opinion of what music he wants to mold the sounds into. The Rain Crow is the kind of guy who likes to storm around town and forests talking about trance states, psychedelics experiences, and his vision in life. We often jam out with a great group of guys at school exploring our surroundings and mind. Keep watching The Rain Crow, he is constantly changing. evolving in stride.
It is cool that you started a thread about rain crow. I hope many others are directed to his music. Peace brotha.

-JK
taimpel
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby nub on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 am

Damn, what are the odds of this?

Yeah dude tell him Nubblecakes (That's my artist name on Acid Planet) said to keep it up with the Trip Hop and Progressive Electronica songs. It's definitely my pick of the crop from his works. His music is like my lighthouse to making music. I'm starting to break away from the usual trance crap and get into psychedelic genres, I just need to find some good samples. He, thankfully, forwarded me to a good website for samples. Tell him I said thanks for that.

He sounds like he would be a cool guy to hang out with. Not many people are philosophical these days, he also sounds like a guy to be reckoned with via mentality.

I'll definitely take a look at the art, sounds like it'll be interesting.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RawMeat3000 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:09 am

I listened to this guys music a while ago then forgot about the thread. :smt005

Anyway, I like his music lots, it's very relaxing.

You said he showed you a good website for samples? May I have linkage? I've been wanting to get back to making music, but I have zero inspiration. I was thinking having new sounds to work with would spark some creativity in me.
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby nub on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm

RawMeat3000 wrote:I listened to this guys music a while ago then forgot about the thread. :smt005

Anyway, I like his music lots, it's very relaxing.

You said he showed you a good website for samples? May I have linkage? I've been wanting to get back to making music, but I have zero inspiration. I was thinking having new sounds to work with would spark some creativity in me.

Yeah here it is:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu

Register for free there I guess, I think you have to if you want to download, not sure.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RawMeat3000 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 pm

The website you linked me to made me forget about this thread. Again.

This is a really great site, nub. Thanks.
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby nub on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 am

No problem.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Media