Iron Man - discussion

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Iron Man - discussion

Postby Generalvivi on Fri May 02, 2008 9:26 pm

GREAT! movie! It was awesome! Who else went to see it?
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Re: Iron Man - discussion

Postby MayheM on Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm

I will be seeing it tomorrow. Everything I have heard about it is that it was the best comic movie to date. It looks like it will be just that. I am so looking forward to seeing it tomorrow...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PaulH on Fri May 02, 2008 11:49 pm

I did think it was good but i also think..

Highlight to read:
it started off better and more edgy then trailed off towards the end...also when Terrance Howard said 'Damn!' as Iron Man took off through the ceiling of his house, it was so cheesy it almost spoilt the movie for me...not big spoilers i realise :)
- Level Designer - Crytek UK -
http://paulhaynes.carbonmade.com
PaulH
Crytek UK

Postby Generalvivi on Mon May 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah there were tuns of awesome parts in the movie. I can't wait till the 2nd one comes out :D
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby ad_hominem on Mon May 05, 2008 5:30 pm

I thought it was alright, but it could have done with some more blood in the fight scenes. As for the cheesy parts,
Highlight to read:
"Yeah, I can fly" was absolutely awful. It really made me cringe.

And, to quote The Independent's film review,
It's a fun sequence, but if a superhero movie can allot its second act to the calibration of the hero's jet boots, that probably means that the plot could do with some calibration, too.
Last edited by ad_hominem on Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby MayheM on Mon May 05, 2008 6:19 pm

GREAT MOVIE!!!

I thought it was really well made, the CGI is perfect. I could not see when it was real and when it was CGI, to me that is huge. I talked to some people at work who said they felt it was irrisponsible to make the bad guy from the middle east and that kids will identify and hate people over there becasue of it. I kept my mouth shut becasue I live in Cali and everyone here is SUPER LIBERAL. I for one thought the plot was great, and totally see a tie to the questionable weapons deals the US makes from time to time. But I think kids are smarter then the person I work with gives them credit for.

Anyway, I would totally see this again, and will buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1187 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm

MayheM wrote:GREAT MOVIE!!!

I thought it was really well made, the CGI is perfect. I could not see when it was real and when it was CGI, to me that is huge. I talked to some people at work who said they felt it was irrisponsible to make the bad guy from the middle east and that kids will identify and hate people over there becasue of it. I kept my mouth shut becasue I live in Cali and everyone here is SUPER LIBERAL. I for one thought the plot was great, and totally see a tie to the questionable weapons deals the US makes from time to time. But I think kids are smarter then the person I work with gives them credit for.

Anyway, I would totally see this again, and will buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray...

I'm anticipating to go watch this flick too.
I've seen the screens and they've seem to have done an ace job on the suit
I'm in for some nice action and I'll take the story for what it is,
just wanna see good guy kick bad guy's ass.

and lol, US questionable weapon deals?
You'd be surprised what you'd find out reading US declassified stuff.
but heh thats a whole different topic.
Regular
Regular

Postby RawMeat3000 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Highlight to read:
An excellent movie in almost every way, it had some of those "that would never happen in real life" moments, like the fact that the guys who kidnapped Stark didn't realize he wasn't building the missile they wanted. That would never happen. But I think those can be forgiven since it is a comic book adaptation and because the rest of the movie was so god damn brilliant. And that "Yeah, I can fly." part was one of my favorite scenes in the movie. I'd have said the exact same thing.

This was the first movie I've seen in theaters in almost a year because I had lost faith in modern entertainment, and after seeing it I left the theater thinking that movies are really starting to get better. I could be wrong, but at least the new Batman movie looks good, even though the last one wasn't very.
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby no00dylan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:32 am

I loved it all the way through, I saw it on my birthday (June 11) and was really supprised, just like RawMeat, I had lost hope in todays entertainment (especially horror flicks), but Iron Man and hopefully the Hulk will prove that movies can be good again.

I also hope The Dark Knight and Get Smart will be good.

(Just as a tip; don't see "The Zohan" it's terrible, but hey, lets keep off that subject.)
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ripper_hugme on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 am

Barely working on (I'm still very busy with real life):
cp_yettobenamed (Updated... Sort of)
dm_agoge (Beta 2 out now)
Ripper_hugme
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am

Ripper_hugme wrote:

So, now that I have seen how it ends do I need to actually watch the movie? :-D
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby MaK on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:55 am

Ripper_hugme wrote:

Haha that is really funny, pretty much summed up the whole movie. I saw Iron Man today, it was really good.
MaK

Postby RobQ on Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:53 am

RawMeat3000 wrote:This was the first movie I've seen in theaters in almost a year because I had lost faith in modern entertainment

Yeh, I quit going to the theaters. I hardly even watch TV. DVDs are rare, and I can't think of the last music CD I bought. I've come to hate Hollywood and the recording industry in general.
RobQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Undead Caesar on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:30 am

Haha that Youtube movie was priceless.
Undead Caesar
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Return to Media