Nine Inch Nails meets The Chemical Brothers... Kinda.

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Nine Inch Nails meets The Chemical Brothers... Kinda.

Postby vasko on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey 'lopers I've finally finshed putting together my first 'full length' release, collecting 9 tracks made over the last two years.
Available for free at the mighty, mighty FWONK

Please do feel free to download and listen to at your convenience :)
"They mostly come out at night, mostly"
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Nine Inch Nails meets The Chemical Brothers... Kinda.

Postby MaK on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Cool music man, these would be excellent tracks to play in SP mods. First song was great, second song sounded crazy. Then I skipped ahead and listened to the 4th song which was excellent as well. Very professional, this stuff isn't easy to do. What programs do you use?
MaK

Postby theblahman on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:02 am

In the words of Bill and Ted... EXCELLENT!

I've listened to a few so far and I have to say these songs are really cool. Steller job mate!

edit, after listening to all the songs, I LOVE Equal and Opposite!
Last edited by theblahman on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I design (v4.1 released 23/2) and Tweet.
theblahman
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Fearian on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 am

Im a big fan of chemical brothers, and NIN are pretty good, so I think I'll like this, Thanks!

I'll listen to it today and give a quick review later.
Fearian
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby vasko on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:49 am

Cheers for listening guys :smt023

@ MAK: I used mainly Ableton Live. I think the fourth and last tracks were done using Cubase, they're the oldest on there. Also some soft-synths like Albino, Massive and Chamleon5000 plus my electric guitar. The last track Vowkel is nothing but my voice and loads of effects (and obviuosly the sample lifted form 'Night of the Living Dead'), great fun to make!

@ THEBLAHMAN: Cool, Equal and Opposite is my fave too, if there were to be such a thing then that would be the single. Try and give Pendulumn a run for their money ;)

@ FEARIAN: Hope you like it mate, cheers for downloading :-D
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mephasto on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:57 am

i cant download it yet cause im at work.. but are these made with fruityloops or what programm/genre it is, cause chemical brothers and nine inch nails are not saying much to me, those sound like EMO music.

my friend makes realy good halflife like music for my mod using fruityloops. i still need to find proper place and situation in game tho. Pitty i cant share it with you, some kids would probably steal it and use in own mods so i cant risk it. VASKO i hope you have "burned" name, artist and other information to those music files so no one cant use them without your permission!
Mephasto
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby vasko on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am

Difficulty to put in a genre, there's so many stupid genre names around these days but i guess you'd call it Industrial/Dance/Breaks. My aim is to create Industrial Dance music i guess... but it rarley ends up how i intend, they take on a life of there own once they're out of the bag.
And no this isn't fruity loop stuff, It's all performed or programmed from scratch, except a couple of drum loops on a couple of tracks but even those are mangled beyond the point of resembling the original.
I've done some more mellow stuff that could be used as 'incidental' music HERE.
If the stuff on Forever Wednesday was used in a game it would be for an action sequence or a chace probably.
As far as copyright is concerned.. well.
If someone really wants to nick it then they will, I'm not expecting to make any money from this. If it gets nicked then so be it. Unless JJ Abrrhams uses it for his next blockbuster, that'd piss me off ;)
You have to take a risk ohterwise no-one ever gets to hear what you do.
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Media