Postby Nauz on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:24 am

Someone needs an exorcist!! :smt005

i hope this is not real..
Nauz
Regular
Regular

Re: Don't cancel my WOW account...

Postby Mr.Mguee on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 am

I like how he goes under the covers fully clothed and comes out in only boxers... how does that happen?
Mr.Mguee
Regular
Regular

Postby KILLA-COW on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 am

This gives me a chance to ask, what the fuck do people play world of warcraft for? Me and my mate saw that advert for try it free the other night when we got home and played it and it was fucking shit we ran around stabbing rabbits as a tiny black dwarf? Admittedly we were quite drunk but still I don't see what people like about playing it, it intrigues me, EXPLAIN. :)
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby snotball on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am

Now that's what I call a Cold Turk :shock:
snotball
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby ad_hominem on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

KILLA-COW wrote:This gives me a chance to ask, what the fuck do people play world of warcraft for? Me and my mate saw that advert for try it free the other night when we got home and played it and it was fucking shit we ran around stabbing rabbits as a tiny black dwarf? Admittedly we were quite drunk but still I don't see what people like about playing it, it intrigues me, EXPLAIN. :)

Pretty much my experience, and I wasn't even drunk. No idea what the major appeal is.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby source-maps on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 am

oink oink im a little piggy
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby BubbleQ on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:47 pm

It has a very good balance between rewards and your perfomance, and the battle system is funnier on higher levels witch keep you still wanting to play it. Then I think it is a big part that you develop a character with better gear and weapons after time goes on.

It is a dangerous game. Stick to HL2.
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby nub on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:47 pm

KILLA-COW wrote:This gives me a chance to ask, what the fuck do people play world of warcraft for? Me and my mate saw that advert for try it free the other night when we got home and played it and it was fucking shit we ran around stabbing rabbits as a tiny black dwarf? Admittedly we were quite drunk but still I don't see what people like about playing it, it intrigues me, EXPLAIN. :)

Well, I tried the game out when it first released (my brother bought it and got addicted), way before the first two huge patches (Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King). There wasn't nearly as much content in the game as there is now. But yes, the beginning of the game is incredibly dry and boring. I think I got up to level 20-something before calling it quits. The gameplay was very dull and not pleasing to experience.

My friend insists that ever since the patches, the fighting system was improved greatly, and that I should have played until I got to level 30 or so and it would start to get fun, but I honestly think that if it takes THAT long to actually enjoy a fucking game, then it needs serious fucking work. Especially if you have to pay $15 a month for it. Ever since this game came out, I stopped appreciating Blizzard as much as I used to. Maybe once Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 come out, my opinion will change, but as of now, I dislike Blizzard simply for making this god damn game. I can't explain why exactly I do, I just...don't see a valid purpose for this game to exist. I can't blame them for it ruining the lives of people, as that is the person's choice and theirs alone, but I just think that having to pay monthly for a game is fucking retarded, and especially if the game easily becomes boring and god damn repetitive as shit. I see my friend play it almost every time I go over to his house, and it's the same damn thing EVERY time, for $15 a month. I think he finally realized how much of a joke the game is now, and has minimized his playing time; which could be a bad thing, as he might cease being bored of it if he stops playing it so much.

But anyway, I'll stop my rant here.

Oh, and that video was painfully fake. The part where he tries to ram the TV remote up his ass was a dead giveaway. However, I'm sure you were already aware of this...I hope.

And yeah, when he emerged from under the covers with 90% of his clothes missing, I laughed pretty hard. That's a neat trick.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I had fun with the game for a while, and when I first started I had fun at the lower levels. You guys seemed to not have understood the quest system if you were running around killing rabbits... Also the crafting and profession systems have a lot of content to keep you busy while leveling. There's a lot to the game that you guys didn't see.

And also the $15 dollar a month fee really isn't that much if you think about it. If you go out for one game of bowling that costs around $15 dollars for a few rounds, even more if you buy drinks and food. So that's like a few rounds of bowling a month compared to unlimited time on the game. And don't say bowling or other events you're out with your friends and WoW is you sitting alone at your computer like a fag, I always played with friends on WoW and had a lot of LANs with it.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:18 pm

I just do not understand how that game commands a 15 quid monthly fee, I know you say it's not that much but it kind of is, considering you can buy a game for 30 quid and play it for an unlimited amount of time. I think I just don't really understand the concept behind it, I'll stick to football manager I think.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:21 pm

I did the same thing when my steam account was hacked.

not really, this guys pathetic
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm

KILLA-COW wrote:I just do not understand how that game commands a 15 quid monthly fee, I know you say it's not that much but it kind of is, considering you can buy a game for 30 quid and play it for an unlimited amount of time. I think I just don't really understand the concept behind it, I'll stick to football manager I think.

Well the games that you buy that you say you can play for an unlimited amount of time you really can't. WoW has tons more content than those games if you actually try to find it all, if you played those games for the time you could on 1 character in WoW and not even do everything you'd be really bored because you'd be going through the same content over and over again. WoW kept my attention for longer than any other game I've bought that doesn't have a monthly fee, I guess it depends on the person though.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby davidc538 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 pm

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

seriously though, was he putting a remote up his ass at 1:11?
davidc538
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Chopium on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I can has remix?
Chopium

Next

Return to Media