Some music (Tranceish)

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Some music (Tranceish)

Postby Jorg40 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:56 pm

(Click it and view in HQ for better sound quality)

I created this yesterday and it's a work in progress, I'm still not done with it, but I need help. To be more exact, your feedback!

If you have suggestions to what could be better, please post :smt023

This is the slightly updated one after the feedback. I still think it needs a lot of work, and I mean a lot. Help me, and point me in the right direction.

Latest:

New song:
Last edited by Jorg40 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Re: Some music (Tranceish)

Postby Phott on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Well.. It seems a little slow in my opinion, also the main part isn't really as... hyped as I believe it should, the drums should play differently in the main part, that would probably help to make the main part seem a little more separate from the other stuff. I also think it's too long, which gets pretty boring.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mess on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:31 pm

impressions as i listen...

Snare needs compression, not beefy enough
808 down 1 or 2 db
quite nice use of cutoff filter
needs an 808 hi-hat to add texture to the beat, currently it's too simple and repetitive
your drops need alot of work, they don't have enough impact at the moment
tempo feels sort of stuck between trance and hardcore, the melody and sounds are quite hardcore-ish

i think rather than having all your sounds and then layering them in and out for dynamics, you need a new part with a different melody to add some variation

definitely need a musical section that is more of a pad than this thumping staccato stuff, i'm fatiguing of it around the 5 minute mark

maybe a single line with portamento to give it a more organic feel

hope that helps <3
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby poisonic on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Hardest thing on music is how much you can repeat things also its wise to make a beat intro this helps djs to mix your track and wich program do you use i gues Fruityloops?

the best thing you can do is listen allot of trance music to learn how a track is build up... (i listen every thing to learn)
also learn to work with seperate audio channels each instrument its own channel then put a nice compressor on each channel and the master output by doing and mastering this you can benefit allot no more clipping or misfomed sound.

if you have futher questions be free to ask :D
[img:400]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/poisonic.png[/img]
poisonic
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Jorg40 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Thank you for all your feedback! I love it when people are honest, then I really get to know what to improve on.

This was my first try at trance (or hardcore as someone mentioned <3), I've really just been producing simple Hip-Hop like beats and a few sample melodies for use in some test footage.

But, thanks again! I will take you what you said and add that to my thoughts next time I create something, or if I improve this one to be a little bit softer. :)
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby nub on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:50 am

I agree with pretty much what Mess said.

You're on the right path, but ultimately I think you need to up the BPM to give it more energy. Right now it's a tad bit too slow for an energetic trance song.

Hey, at least you got good feedback. When I post my stuff it's usually people saying "I'll listen to it soon" then I never hear back from them. D:
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jorg40 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:17 pm

This is the slightly updated one after the feedback. I still think it needs a lot of work, and I mean a lot. Help me, and point me in the right direction.
I don't think YT has finished the video completely yet, so it might not be such high quality.

I am still working on that portamento bit that Mess mentioned.
And the main part is still not good enough.
BPM is not set to 140 instead of 135.

EDIT: And to not forget: The total playtime was cut down with almost a minute.
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby Jorg40 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Latest:
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby MNM on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Love that number 2 there :D
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Jorg40 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:32 am

Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby Jorg40 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:13 pm

HAI GUYZ!

I created a new song for you to listen and rip apart!
Last edited by Jorg40 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby nub on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Just from the beginning, the cheering crowd is meh. It's probably just my personal preference, but I think the cheering crowd thing sort of ruins songs.

Your new song sounds like happy trance. Not bad. The pluck you used for the melody was a bit bland but it wasn't bad. At around 2:30 it sounded a bit like your other song but it got way better soon after. Not a bad song, but I think your snare needs to be a bit more powerful when the final melody comes in.

Also, don't be afraid to make an outro for your song. If you want to give it an epic feel, having deep, moody pads roll in at the beginning and build up to a melody makes a great intro. Intermissions with pads are also great, and ending the song with them also makes for a satisfying listen.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jorg40 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Thank you!

Just what I needed :)
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Return to Media