Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe

Postby Psy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 pm

So this ruddy good pilot aired last night on BBC4 which is basically a spin-off of the ever amusing Screenwipe except it covers games (obviously).

A lot of stuff is covered such as the relationship between the media and violent games, terribad game programmes from the past, the current state of storytelling in games and there's some reviews about 50 Cent and Wolfenstein too. :D

Enjoy.

Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe

Postby MNM on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:54 pm

"When he dies in the end" :P
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Blink on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:24 pm

It was very good I thought.

You can also watch it in decent quality on the iplayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Gameswipe/
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Bema on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Entertaining for sure.
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Blink wrote:It was very good I thought.

You can also watch it in decent quality on the iplayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Gameswipe/

BBC wrote:Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

why? wrote:Can I use BBC iPlayer outside the UK?

Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users to download or stream (Click to Play) in the UK. However, we are aware of demand for an international version.

Most radio programmes are available outside the UK in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.

In addition, highlights from many of BBC News' programmes are available for viewers outside the UK, as is BBC Sport video content.

Do make sure you check for the latest updates on BBC iPlayer or contact your own country's broadcasters to find out if they offer a similar service to BBC iPlayer.

:|

Nice tho
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gazaraz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:23 pm

That was awesome loved Dara O'briain comments on Gears of War. I also laughed at the epic spoiler for CoD 4.
Gazaraz

Postby Blink on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:16 pm

delta_nl wrote:
Blink wrote:It was very good I thought.

BBC wrote:Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

why? wrote:Can I use BBC iPlayer outside the UK?

Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users to download or stream (Click to Play) in the UK. However, we are aware of demand for an international version.

Most radio programmes are available outside the UK in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.

In addition, highlights from many of BBC News' programmes are available for viewers outside the UK, as is BBC Sport video content.

Do make sure you check for the latest updates on BBC iPlayer or contact your own country's broadcasters to find out if they offer a similar service to BBC iPlayer.

:|

Nice tho

In a hilarious twist most UK programs put on Youtube are banned for us but freely available to international viewers. Far more irritating
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Phott on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Gazaraz wrote:That was awesome loved Dara O'briain comments on Gears of War. I also laughed at the epic spoiler for CoD 4.

Yeah I reacted to that too, even though I've already played it, it's just something I wouldn't really put in a games show.

All in all I liked the shows good mix of humor and seriousness.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cheesemoo0 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Haha, thanks for that. I enjoyed it.
cheesemoo0
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Media