V

Films, albums, random internet videos.

V

Postby MayheM on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 am

So I don't know how many of you remember the old TV show called "V". I used to watch it when I was younger and LOVED it. So tonight the new version of the show premiered and as I was watching I could not help but to notice something and I am curious to know if anyone else picked up on it.

It seemed to have a very political undertone. One that was very much shining a light on the current administration In the White House. Now I could be reading into it a lot more than everyone else. But it even when at as far as to mention Universal Health Care. As well as the Media being coached not to show them in an unkind light which is interesting since Fox News has been on attack as of late by the white house because they question the motives of Obama and the powers that be.

Anyway, i just wanted to ask if anyone else saw it and if anyone else happened to pick up on the tone I noticed. Either way it is an awesome show, If you did not watch it you should definitely check it out...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Re: V

Postby vcool on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 am

It's dedicated to me, right?

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chopium on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:26 am

I saw half of it tonight; some stupid sh*t ran over and my Tivo recorded only the second half. I thought it was worth watching a few more episodes. As for the 'undertones', I did think it curious when they added the strong emphasis to "SO THIS IS LIKE UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE, AMIRITE?" While they did mention it and the overall bad effect it would have for the humans in the long run, it did not share a realistic connection between it and out real country's outcome, so I think that would make the message null. The "only the light side" situation mentioned could be drawn to the fox snubbing, but to be honest I don't really see that strong of a connection.
Chopium

Postby MayheM on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:38 am

Ok so it is official I am not the only one that saw the correlation between the show and the Obama administration. They actually talked about it on the O'Reilly Factor tonight.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:40 am

It'd be interesting if it was just a scifi show, but if it's all political - meh.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Media