Dabilo 3
No votes
Never Played
25%

Total votes : 4

Diablo Fandom

Postby Hennius on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 am

Hello all.
Upcoming Diablo 3 expansion is on the way... are we excited? :P if your a fan that is...
Please feel free to vote poll on your favourite game if you have one.
Share your thoughts about the series about literally anything you want.
I'm also doing a full gameplay video series on my channel HenPortGaming, If you want to tag along for the ride, Links below.
Lastly, would it be possible to make a Diablo style mod using the source engine? :P camera angles and all.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYM3n ... jAz4l62J6w
Last edited by Hennius on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- General gaming antics and Hammer tutorials -
Click the link on the signature for content
Hennius

Re: Diablo Fandom

Postby ErikKiller on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Where's the "Other/Never got into Diablo" button?
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Hennius on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:53 pm

ErikKiller wrote:Where's the "Other/Never got into Diablo" button?

Excellant note... Thank you Erik. I have added the "Never Played" option.
Hennius

Postby ErikKiller on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Diablo is meh, Nox is where it's at!
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Hennius on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 pm

ErikKiller wrote:Diablo is meh, Nox is where it's at!

Will have to give it a go. Bare with me untill i've completed the Diablo series then ill work on other bits.
Hennius

Postby Jeeves on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 pm

IMO: Diablo 1 > Diablo 2 LOD > Diablo 3 , but D1 is not really analogous to the rest as I think it was designed for single player.

Shame you haven't played them in order. Minor parts of D3's story aren't canonical with D1.
Undue Punishment : 'An experimental FP Fighting game with stealth elements. ' -- TBD
Torn : 'A First Person RTS ' -- In Development as of 03/2014
Jeeves
Regular
Regular

Postby Hennius on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Jeeves wrote:IMO: Diablo 1 > Diablo 2 LOD > Diablo 3 , but D1 is not really analogous to the rest as I think it was designed for single player.

Shame you haven't played them in order. Minor parts of D3's story aren't canonical with D1.

It was originally designed for single player yes, the multiplayer was more of an addon. D3 was a hard task for them to pull off just because of the preassure to follow up from D2:LOD AND being repeatedly put back from it's release date. The auction house really let it down the most though because it removed that element of searching hard for more powerful items... glad now that they have removed it.
Hennius

Postby Sathor on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm

The problem is: Hack & Slash had their time. Certainly not anymore.

I had a blast with Dungeon Siege. Played the heck out of it. Piss easy. But funny. And cool somehow. I liked it.

I'd puke over it today I guess.

Never been into Diablo.

So: nope
Sathor

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 am

Diablo ain't hack and slash breh.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby nub on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:15 am

I seriously loved Diablo II. I never played it online, but I loved the single player. I never actually beat it though. I think I got a decent way in to Act 3 and that's about it. I think I briefly played Lord of Destruction as the Assassin, but I stopped because I was terrible with her and basically got stuck. I dropped the game entirely for a while and eventually reinstalled it. At that point I had lost my CD key for Lord of Destruction so I couldn't install the expansion, so I rolled Barbarian and started effing stuff up.

Hennius wrote:The auction house really let it down the most though because it removed that element of searching hard for more powerful items... glad now that they have removed it.

I know they announced that they would be removing it, but I thought that wasn't until like March next year? Did they end up removing it sooner than planned? Regardless, I'm really glad they decided to remove it. The auction house was the main reason why I returned the game and got a refund. I was seriously disappointed in Blizzard for cramming the thing in there and basically forcing players to use it if they wanted to get better gear. To this day I still think they rigged drop rates and crafting to push players in to using it.

Anyway, if I ever need a game like Diablo, I'll just load up Torchlight II. It's made by Runic Games, which has Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer (co-founders of Blizzard North, which is famous for creating Diablo) and is in my opinion vastly superior to Diablo III.

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:Diablo ain't hack and slash breh.

Actually, it's considered a hack and slash on top of being an RPG. Just not in the same vein as games like God of War or Darksiders.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hennius on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 am

nub wrote:I seriously loved Diablo II. I never played it online, but I loved the single player. I never actually beat it though. I think I got a decent way in to Act 3 and that's about it. I think I briefly played Lord of Destruction as the Assassin, but I stopped because I was terrible with her and basically got stuck. I dropped the game entirely for a while and eventually reinstalled it. At that point I had lost my CD key for Lord of Destruction so I couldn't install the expansion, so I rolled Barbarian and started effing stuff up.

Hennius wrote:The auction house really let it down the most though because it removed that element of searching hard for more powerful items... glad now that they have removed it.

I know they announced that they would be removing it, but I thought that wasn't until like March next year? Did they end up removing it sooner than planned? Regardless, I'm really glad they decided to remove it. The auction house was the main reason why I returned the game and got a refund. I was seriously disappointed in Blizzard for cramming the thing in there and basically forcing players to use it if they wanted to get better gear. To this day I still think they rigged drop rates and crafting to push players in to using it.

Anyway, if I ever need a game like Diablo, I'll just load up Torchlight II. It's made by Runic Games, which has Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer (co-founders of Blizzard North, which is famous for creating Diablo) and is in my opinion vastly superior to Diablo III.

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:Diablo ain't hack and slash breh.

Actually, it's considered a hack and slash on top of being an RPG. Just not in the same vein as games like God of War or Darksiders.

Yes that was my mistake, The auction house is due to close March next year so we still have abit of time for dissapointment... Having said that, i recently revisisted D3 in prep for my gameplay vids and actually found i was enjoying myself more so than normal. In truth though, I think the reason i enjoyed it more was because I had revisited the previous game and got me into the cycle of "MUST SEARCH EVERYWHERE" and then found myself appreciateing the layout of D3. So technologically speaking D3 is a very good achiever. I do recommend that you try and play the entire of D2 all the way through because after D2:LOD, this is a personal thing, I felt like I had achieved something. Then had to do it all over again 2 more times :) on a much higher difficulty mind you.

Glad you mentioned Touchlight because that will be an upcoming gameplay series i'll be doing. That and dungeon keeper :)
Hennius

Return to Media