Postby NOCTVRNVS on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:24 am

seppe wrote:limp bizkit

Hint: "obscure" means "not mainstream"
I am a big man, and I've got a big gun
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby marks on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:20 am

Little-known Californian punk band named "Never Heard Of It", absolutely the most awesomesauce live gig I've ever been too. Ever.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby marks on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:33 am

dux wrote:http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/

Cool, kinda electronica crossed with chip music - you are my hero dux, just get knifed next time we play you yes ;)
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:25 am

Can't believe I left out Syd Barrett. His vocals can be painful at time but the lyrics are pure genius at times. 50% of his songs are just plain silly but genius. The other 50% I probably could have lived without. Definitely worth mentioning syd barrett as an important figure in rock and roll history.

The guitar player for the who has admitted to calling in sick back in the day to skip Who gigs and go to floyd concerts with clapton to watch Syd play
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:52 am

p1nkfl0yd1an wrote:Can't believe I left out Syd Barrett. His vocals can be painful at time but the lyrics are pure genius at times. 50% of his songs are just plain silly but genius. The other 50% I probably could have lived without. Definitely worth mentioning syd barrett as an important figure in rock and roll history.

The guitar player for the who has admitted to calling in sick back in the day to skip Who gigs and go to floyd concerts with clapton to watch Syd play

Hells yeah!
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby br fan dan on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:50 am

http://www.brainwashed.com/godspeed/ godspeed you! black emperor

mostly instrumental, very long songs, very obscure
br fan dan

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:19 pm

br fan dan wrote:http://www.brainwashed.com/godspeed/ godspeed you! black emperor

mostly instrumental, very long songs, very obscure

You ever hear "Dead Flag Blues"?? Such an amazing ambience...Seriously sounds like it can give you nightmares about the armageddon...such well-written script (it's apparently supposed to be the intro for a movie one of the Godspeed You! Black Emperor musicians is working on).
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Jest@ on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:19 pm

GYBE are great, if you like them I recommend you listen to Explosions In The Sky. Similar but more intense, and more cut-down (drummer and 2 guitarists only)...those guys are the most intense live show i've ever seen, seriously, they put their total fucking heart and soul into every note they play, it's incredible.
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:20 pm

Jest@ wrote:GYBE are great, if you like them I recommend you listen to Explosions In The Sky. Similar but more intense, and more cut-down (drummer and 2 guitarists only)...those guys are the most intense live show i've ever seen, seriously, they put their total fucking heart and soul into every note they play, it's incredible.

There's a band from around where I live and they're sort of like Explosions in the Sky, but much more heavy metal. They have one of the most intense performances I've ever seen, which makes me extremely proud to be from the same town as they.
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby mana20 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:46 pm

I find it hard to believe that you claim that your old band could be better than Sonata Arctica, each musican in the band is very talented and for each memeber of your ex band matching the musicanship as SA is hard to believe, otherwise you would be touring the world and probley not on these fourms, but than again I could be wrong. With that said im not a huge fan of Sonata Arctica, I Prefer Children of bodom and other random european metal bands.
mana20
Regular
Regular

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:42 pm

That's what I'm talking about 8)
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MercX on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:35 pm

for any electronica people out there-
    Harcore psytrance and goa-
    Infected Mushroom (the gods of psytrance, and really obscure where I live)
    Synsun (link- can stream from here)
    G.M.S.
    Filteria
    Astral Projection
    Amon Tobin
    Noise Unit
    Electric Universe

Vocal trance:
    Michele Adamson
    God Module ( :shock: "death techno")
    Mind in a Box
    Diary of Dreams
    Antimatter
    Computorgirl

Misc.
    Insphera (dark ambient, don't sleep to this, you'll start sleepwalking with a knife)

and lots lots more, but I don't want to list them all :)
Age of Chivalry Dev Team.
MercX
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:57 am

MercX wrote:for any electronica people out there-
    Harcore psytrance and goa-
    Infected Mushroom (the gods of psytrance, and really obscure where I live)
    Synsun (link- can stream from here)
    G.M.S.
    Filteria
    Astral Projection
    Amon Tobin
    Noise Unit
    Electric Universe

Vocal trance:
    Michele Adamson
    God Module ( :shock: "death techno")
    Mind in a Box
    Diary of Dreams
    Antimatter
    Computorgirl

Misc.
    Insphera (dark ambient, don't sleep to this, you'll start sleepwalking with a knife)
and lots lots more, but I don't want to list them all :)

Hey MercX, that's a great list, all of those projects totally pwn noobs. Infected Mushroom is amazing...they've done some (pretty lengthy) tracks with another Israeli trance project (who knew Israel was where the trance scene is at?) called Shpongle -- they're awesome too. God Module is great and I recomment their album Artificial, if you like God Module you'll almost certainly like Tactical Sekt, Suicide Commando, and Aslan Faction. Some of the projects you mentioned sound more like IDM/EBM, so I'm presuming you like it?? I can recommend :wumpscut: and VNV Nation as well. I haven't heard anything produced by Insphera, but the way you describe it, I'll just have to :-)

{Edit:
Hey, you like the guitar solo in Infected Mushroom's "Symphonatic"?? :-D my favourite trance track ever!!
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MercX on Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:28 am

NOCTVRNVS wrote:Hey MercX, that's a great list, all of those projects totally pwn noobs. Infected Mushroom is amazing...they've done some (pretty lengthy) tracks with another Israeli trance project (who knew Israel was where the trance scene is at?) called Shpongle -- they're awesome too. God Module is great and I recomment their album Artificial, if you like God Module you'll almost certainly like Tactical Sekt, Suicide Commando, and Aslan Faction. Some of the projects you mentioned sound more like IDM/EBM, so I'm presuming you like it?? I can recommend :wumpscut: and VNV Nation as well. I haven't heard anything produced by Insphera, but the way you describe it, I'll just have to :-)

{Edit:
Hey, you like the guitar solo in Infected Mushroom's "Symphonatic"?? :-D my favourite trance track ever!!

can't believe I forgot Shpongle! also Hallucinagen is good (same guy I think). Haven't heard Artificial by God Module, but I'll definitely be getting it ;-) . I'll also be checking out the others you mentioned (haven't heard of them either!). yeah, IDM/EBM sounds right :-). I would also recommend Yahel, Zorba, Chi-AD (do 'Eye am the I' if you have really good bass), Exaile, X-Dream (We Interface is the best of theirs), and Juno Reactor (slightly less obscure but really good, play 'Mutant Message' in 'Labyrinth' if you have kick-ass subs).

Symphonatic has got to be one of the best they've made (had to play it now that you mentioned it!), a couple other really good tracks by Infected Mushroom are: their remix of 'I See Myself' by Michele Adamson, Blink, Illuminaughty (both Michele singing there), Stretched, Power of Celtics, Cities of the Future, Institute of Science... crap the list goes on and on :D

Oh! and Talpa! if its the last thing you do in life, listen to Talpa!!!
http://www.talpa.info/
Age of Chivalry Dev Team.
MercX
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby dragonfliet on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:34 am

I'm loving the psy trance conversation here. I thought I was the only one *tear of joy*
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Media