The Beatles

Films, albums, random internet videos.

The Beatles

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:40 am

Overated? Of course. Epic? Of course. Talented musicians? Not really... but at the same time yes. Oldies? Hardly... if you ignore the 1st half of their career.

Seriously I love The Beatles. Most likely I love them more than is deserved. Seriously I cannot stand the early songs like the hideous Love Me Do. I'm still not sure how people that wrote that song ended up writing strawberry fields forever and A day in the life... Some could say it all started with the first time feedback was used as part of a song (I Feel Fine) or it could just be the Acid. Also thank acid for making Jimi Hendrix so great... shame on acid for making Jimi Hendrix dead. Anyhoo feel free to voice your opinion on what is usually considered the most influential band of the 20th century. Nirvana was fine and dandy but Kurt Cobaine... meh i think people idolize him too much.

Oh also, I'm not really a fan of songs written by paul, he could make an uptempo major keyed song about a funeral and weep of joy while singing it... and that makes me sad.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Spartan on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Agreed*

Some of Beatles later stuff was good. Times change though. What was thought of good back then is different now. Just look at the clothes. :lol:
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mike-o on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:56 am

helter skelter = rockingest beatles song ever. go buy the white album, all you music nubs who listen to dimmu borgir and my chemical romance.
mike-o
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby The Watcher on Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:47 am

I was going to make a post in that Beatles vs. Stones topic, but the sudden appearance of a thunderstorm halted that movement. :x

I would say The Beatles far outweighs The Rolling Stones when it came to their music imho. I grew up listening to The Beatles, and I probably never heard of the Stones back then. :lol:

Yes, their music sounds like crap now, but to me, it still kicks major ass (when it comes to old classic rock). Reminds me of my younger days, when I used to draw Duke Nukem 3D levels... :lol: :D

I currently have the following Beatles albums:

White Album
Magical Mystery Tour
Abbey Road
Yellow Submarine

White Album and Magical Mystery Tour are the ones I listened to when I was a wee lad (Irish Accent Intended).
The one and only anti-Interloper

This forum is an evil negativity-brewing hellhole, like all internet communities, and should be shut down...
The Watcher
Banned

Postby Rocket_Robinhood on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:44 am

a 3rd of all the music i have is beatles, go downloading discographys

but yah beatles are easily the best band ever

Pwned - A Society of Gamers

Rocket_Robinhood
Veteran
Veteran

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:40 am

i've got the discography downloaded too.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby ShaDoW on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:36 am

Beatles are gay, they're sueing Apple computers.

I know why, and they probably have their reasons to take it to court. But it's still gay damnit. They probably smoked up all their royalties and need a new source for some dough.

I'm pretty sure that doped up Japanese woman is behind it.
ShaDoW

Postby seppe on Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:01 pm

" imagine " is a really nice song

" angie " also

yes dudes... I know angie is from the stones, you got punk'd :-D
seppe
Regular
Regular

Return to Media