Hip Hop

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Postby sidra on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:03 pm

NOCTVRNVS wrote:Uh...Redman and Run DMC is apparently not "MTV bulls**t"??

This thread is in the wrong forum if you ask me. This is for music -- not jungle sound effects.

EDIT:

Wait. Before I judge ALL hip-hop as one collective body of fecal matter, there is one sole man who is considered "hip hop" who I enjoy the mind and music of. That man is Saul Williams.

He's like the dadaist movement of hip-hop. His point is all about modern hip-hop being pointless and giving people a bad image. His writing is simply amazing and some of the lines he says on stage or in recordings simply blew my mind the first time I heard of him. He really changed my perspective on hip-hop "artists" -- now I like one of them instead of hating them all :D

Run DMC was commercial, but that was at a time when hip hop hadn't sold out. And Redman can be commercial (Dirty, etc.) but listen to his old solo stuff, its real good.

And I asked no one to post about how gay they are. You obviously don't know anything about Hip Hop, so don't post here. Its just a genre like rock, country etc. Those genres have just as much negative messages in them, so don't act like hip hop is the only one with them.

And Chamillionaire and Pitbull are both whack
sidra

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:31 pm

sidra wrote:And Chamillionaire and Pitbull are both whack

YOU'RE WHACK!
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to Media