RAP = Misogyny

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Does listening to rap make u a mysogynist?

Yes
36%
No
39%
Get the hoe to answer for me...
25%

Total votes : 28

Postby sidra on Wed May 03, 2006 4:39 am

Grizzly wrote:Rap and hiphop turns people into complete morons. it's a fact.

For some reason, listning to the music makes their brains grown backwards, they competely lose their ability to present arguments, comprehend writen text longer then twenty words not invloving reference to sombodys genetalia (mkay, i know a lot of people with that problem, but thats OT) and generaly lose their ability to comunicate with others using text

apart from that they also tend to be competly unable to speak properly, and to find cloths of proper size

Another intresting detail is how they seem to think that after all above people are to concider them "cool"
they are a bit like myspace people, only they don't know they are unwanted annywhere

To finalize my harsh flaming, i woud like to qoute somone i can't recall right now, but i thought the qoute was worthwhile

"To make metal, you need to know how to play your instruments. To make Rap, you need to have had a bad youth"

You are possibly the most retarded poster on the internet, ever.

Complete morons? Such as not knowing grammer, spelling, or making huge generalisations? You seem to be listening to lots of hip hop then.

And by the way, Hip Hop has been here before mainstream Metal. Yea, I listen to Hip Hop because I want to be "cool" and a "thug" not because of complex lyricsim and flow. And last I checked myspace was more emo and goth oriented, so once again if you are going to grace us with your mental disability, please use a fact checker first.

Finally I'd like to end this truth with a quote, from myself.

"To be a good rapper, you need to have several different elements. These are lyricism, innovation and originality. To make metal, you just need to learn how to play an instrumental. Poetry spawns more creativity then Metal will ever. Rap was an element of Hip Hop started in the late sixties from the youth, which was a type of poetry."

Unlike your quote, mine is true and doesn't make any ignorant and racist statements.

You fail, don't post here again, k?
sidra

Postby Ripper_hugme on Wed May 03, 2006 5:37 am

I still miss the old MC (not master chief, back away halo nerds) days.

I feel rap music is like video games some can be great (presentation, style, vocals) some can be okay and then theres the rap you wish wouldn't be made. But then there is rap that's bad and fills it to the brim with crap to make it look stylish.

In video games this can be said about Halo, the first was groundbreaking with a grand story, believable chracters, sleek visuals. The second one, felt over-endorsed by the media, with more of the same formula, weak story, bad acting and chracters. half-life 2 on the other hand but didn't recieve the same amount of popularity as halo 2, but was a much better game, and improved on the original ethics while adding new styles of play, change of enviroments and overall a greater way to tell the story.

A good example of this with rap is Kanye West with 'Jesus Walks' a song about how he reformed and shows that there is still faith on the streets, which earned a grammy but after that there was 'Golddigger' a song about women who suck the wealth from a 'playa', the inclusion of Jamie foxx didn't help at all either. Jesus Walks provided a sense of being meanwhile a song didn't need to be made about golddiggers, in the sense that it encourages just plain bad behaviour, and stereotypes women as 'temptresses' or 'sticky fingers'.

I believe rap has become a corrupt image for eg. the rich rappers telling people to get rich by crime and demeaning women, i bet Jay-Z hasn't even had a parking ticket to get where he is.

Rap is an art, i'll agree, but there's always the no talent bums that get rich (just like in art and video games.)
Barely working on (I'm still very busy with real life):
cp_yettobenamed (Updated... Sort of)
dm_agoge (Beta 2 out now)
Ripper_hugme
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Grizzly on Wed May 03, 2006 6:23 am

i knew it woud work, thanks for proving my point :)

and for the myspace coment, the point was that nobody likes a myspace user, they know that, thats why they are so incredibly emo

the thing with rap-listner is that they are unwanted to, they just don't get it themselfs

and also, for the "Unlike your quote, mine is true and doesn't make any ignorant and racist statements." comment

what the hell? how can annything i said be taken as racist?
Mapping for Empiresmod
Grizzly

Postby YokaI on Wed May 03, 2006 6:58 am

Grizzly wrote:and for the myspace coment, the point was that nobody likes a myspace user, they know that, thats why they are so incredibly emo

Please :roll: Obviously nobody here is seeing how much Emo and myspace are fabs rather than people in general. Kids make their lives like its a horror movie while there are millions of people out there who die and are being tortured without even having a decent funeral. Lets face it, emo kids are kids who have their life so easy and so nice that they for some reason think its hell and i belive it has to do with the music like "taking back sunday" and their ever so clear message of "go kill yourself kids."

Personaly, all music is pretty good as long as it isnt just out there for the money. Rap, when not on the radio, can be extremely good just like heavy metal can be ok (im not a fan of it) and punk is great when not the types of songs played on radio.

Why is the world like this? well, because people like to consume crap. Crap as in info that cannot be used in any way possible. Popular rap is about "bitches, money and cars" making it mindless shit that people can't use in daily life and usualy has no musical value at all. But back in the day, rap was about authority and government (sorta) and was pretty decent. MTV got their hands on this and made it popular and changed the whole style, making it brainless shit, just like they did with punk, goth, heavy metal and rock. They are the ones who ruin music and kids minds, not the music genre.

Rap, therefor, does not cause kids to be at all sexist. However, popular rap music now adays may cause youth to be somewhat racist without knowing that they are. (Have you seen any young cs player who likes rap? trust me, its not pretty.) But I dont believe that rap or hip hop is bad, just like country, punk and goth aren't bad either. Aslong as they aren't just a bunch of useless shit.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby sidra on Thu May 04, 2006 12:50 am

Grizzly wrote:i knew it woud work, thanks for proving my point :)

and for the myspace coment, the point was that nobody likes a myspace user, they know that, thats why they are so incredibly emo

the thing with rap-listner is that they are unwanted to, they just don't get it themselfs

and also, for the "Unlike your quote, mine is true and doesn't make any ignorant and racist statements." comment

what the hell? how can annything i said be taken as racist?

The thing is with you, is your ignorant. You generalize how many people in your posts?

You're taken for a racist because you say that the millions of people that listen to rap are all "thugs" and just listen to act "cool". Last I checked rock was more popular then Hip Hop. Everybody says "MTV KILLED RAP" which yes is true, but look at TRL. Its all emo and pop now, hardly any crappy rap played now. You are confusing MTV with 106 and Park.

YokaI pretty much knows what he's talking about. Any type of commercial music is gonna be shit. Whatever genre it is. Rap only gets it harder from tools like Grizzly because 1/3 of America is racist.

And Ripper_Hugme you also have most of it right. The only thing I would say is, make sure your facts are straight before you post. Jay-Z was arrested for firearm possesion a few years back.
sidra

Previous

Return to Media