Hey Everyone!

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

Hey Everyone!

Postby Milon91 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 am

Hey, might aswell Introduce myself since I'm hoping to become more active here :D

My name is Milon91 (Obviously not my real name but meh..) I'm 19 years old and have been messing about in hammer for a little time, just on and off since I find it hard to stick to/finish something.

Basically I've came here to pick up Source Level Design as it's something I've always wanted to do. I start University in September where they use Source SDK, so some early work and projects like I'm hoping to do should greatly help me with that and then maybe future work. I have quite little knowledge of hammer but I do know the basics but have yet to finish and release a map. The areas I am struggling in are:
- Designing/Concept
- Lighting
- PATIENCE

I will try to be active but can't guarantee that, I will most likely be hanging around in the tutorials/help section of this forum to help get me started and learn further. If anyone would like to add me on Steam or Xfire to offer me any good tips or advice then they can do so or can also just PM me on here :)

Steam ID: [Anthrax]Gigex (May be 2 since I own 2 accounts)
Xfire ID: Milon91

Thanks for taking the time to read it if you did, I know it might be long for some but I just wanted you to understand where I am at the moment. Thanks :D
Milon91
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Hey Everyone!

Postby trcc on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:58 am

Welcome! I read everything :)
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Milon91 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:02 am

trcc wrote:Welcome! I read everything :)

Thank you :D Not many people on at this time I see...
Milon91
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Gary on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm

I've been having problems with the sign-in system, or I would of replied earlier.

Welcome to Interlopers!

I honestly didn't know there was Universities that used Source, wouldn't be my first choice... but what ever, still a great engine.

Good luck with Source and looking forward to seeing what you create.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Turd Ferguson on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey welcome to 'Lopers! Good luck using the engine and good luck with your studies in College!

jangalomph wrote:Listen. my avatar wants to be gay.. :|
Turd Ferguson
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Noodles on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 pm

My old University (Portsmouth) had some people who messed about with Source, I remember they released a video of someone who made a map to demonstrate a fire drill, players would use it so they could see how people would react in a fire and where they'd go to get out the building. All I could think was how bad the mapping was ;)

Also I think there was a mod released some time ago created by a lecturer there.
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Introduction Time