CrazyMan:Learning Source SDK Mapper

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

CrazyMan:Learning Source SDK Mapper

Postby CrazyMan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Well,first I would like to say hi to all of you on interlopers.net

I just wanted to join this mapping community,because i can learn alot from you all guys,and i would like to get advice from some experienced Source SDK mappers.
CrazyMan

Re: CrazyMan:Learning Source SDK Mapper

Postby Epifire on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Well first off I would say learn all you can about optimizing the map and what does what in the Hammer editor. It helps a lot when you know how to construct a map, not just why you want to. Using tool textures and knowing how to keep your whole map from rendering etc, and good stuff like that.

Here is a good list that helped me for getting started...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561433

Halfwit-2 really helped me a lot to tackle a lot of Source I/O operations, so that site helps a lot if you plan on using a lot of entities as well as some things that are just inevitable. From one modder to another, hope that helps a little. :smt023
Epifire

Re: CrazyMan:Learning Source SDK Mapper

Postby CrazyMan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Epifire wrote:Well first off I would say learn all you can about optimizing the map and what does what in the Hammer editor. It helps a lot when you know how to construct a map, not just why you want to. Using tool textures and knowing how to keep your whole map from rendering etc, and good stuff like that.

Here is a good list that helped me for getting started...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561433

Halfwit-2 really helped me a lot to tackle a lot of Source I/O operations, so that site helps a lot if you plan on using a lot of entities as well as some things that are just inevitable. From one modder to another, hope that helps a little. :smt023

Well,thanks,but I have learned alot of my cousin ,who is also an SDK mapper.
CrazyMan

Return to Introduction Time