Um, hello

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

Um, hello

Postby VoEC on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

So, uhh, I'm not really new here since I've been visiting this site for years now and registered a few months ago.
But I've also been mostly just lurking around and havn't posted much. And I also never really introducted myself to you fine gentlefolk. So here I go.

I'm VoEC. I am 20, come from germany and like video games. My favorite game is Majora's Mask on the N64.
I have been working with Hammer for... I don't really know, it's been a few years. But I never really made anything serious until L4D, where I worked a bit on a custom campaign but never finished it.

My first HL2 map was released just at the beginning of this year. It's called "The Coriolis Effect" and was created for a mapping competition on PlanetPhillip.com, where the goal was to create a map with heavy focus on the crossbow. I'm not really that happy with it but I won a mouse, so I don't know. Here is a link: http://www.planetphillip.com/posts/cros ... ife-2-ep2/

I also really like making flash games and digital paintings. I made a game about gender dysphoria and released it on Newgrounds. If you really want to play it you can find it under the name "Personal Trip to the Moon".

Other than that I have a tumblr blog (http://384400kilometers.tumblr.com/) on which I occasionally post weird stuff and drawings.

Hm, I don't really know what else to tell you interesting about me. In my future I plan to make more games (and maybe even somehow pay the bills with that, find new friends and not die (at least not for another ~ 1.5 years).

So, how about we make this a bit more interesting and you just ask me anything you would like to know about me?
(And why not tell me a bit about you while you're at it?)
◄-►-▼-◄-►-▼
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
VoEC

Re: Um, hello

Postby MaK on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Hello lovely-skybox-in-the-map-pimpage-thread guy.
MaK

Postby TheUglyIgloo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Hell yeah! As an American, I love Europeans. :D I wish I could move to Germany.

EDIT: whoops, grammer fale.
Last edited by TheUglyIgloo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheUglyIgloo
Banned

Postby Dives on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 pm

I think a ban for Igloo is justified just for that comment alone.

Anyway, welcome to the forum VoEC.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby VoEC on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 pm

MaK wrote:Hello lovely-skybox-in-the-map-pimpage-thread guy.

It's gal, but doesn't matter. Thanks.
Here is one thing I learned while mapping: It's all about the skybox (and sexy fog)!

TheUglyIgloo wrote:So tell me this, is there any fucking reason you guys hated the jews? What exactly did they *do*? Steal your taco? Unless you have absolutely 0 in common with Hitler, leave.

Well, hello Mr. Trollman (At least I'm assuming this). One of the reasons was, that when people are frustrated, angry or sometimes just sad, they try to project that feeling onto something and find a scapegoat, mostly a minority (or something that is "different to them") on which they can vent their frustration. Sadly, this is often still happening today, in other forms, because people are too lazy too think about their actions and inactions and let their hate take over.
Fun fact: If I would have lived during Hitler's time, I would most certainly have been send to a death camp.

@Dives
Thank you.
◄-►-▼-◄-►-▼
VoEC

Postby Gary on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

I like VoEC so much more than our previous new person! Welcome to the community!

Actually, I apologize VoEC. You should not have had to read the shit TheUglyIgloo just threw up there. I'm apologizing because I thought he had some slight will to actually contribute to the community and might turn his behavior around, so I didn't ban him earlier. But after that comment, it's obviously he needs to go.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby nub on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:15 am

Hi. Welcome to the community. Disregard the troll, it's just a minor anomaly. We very rarely get anything like that around here. Then again, you probably already knew that since you said you've been lurking here for a while now.

Anyway, I'm that guy that always starts a project and ends up never finishing it. Now I just don't start any projects and just post in random threads if I have something useful to say.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:08 pm

nub wrote:Anyway, I'm that guy that always starts a project and ends up never finishing it. Now I just don't start any projects and just post in random threads if I have something useful to say.

It's sad. The same goes for me. But for some reason I still start projects.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby VoEC on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks Gary and nub. :)

Gary wrote:
nub wrote:Anyway, I'm that guy that always starts a project and ends up never finishing it. Now I just don't start any projects and just post in random threads if I have something useful to say.

It's sad. The same goes for me. But for some reason I still start projects.

It's kind of like that for me, too. I think about 90 % of the stuff I made in Source I never finished, probably because I usually start with a small idea which then spirals into a giant project that's just too much for me to handle.
Or sometimes because I realize halfway trough, that I got a lot of other stuff to do and my idea isn't that good anyway.

Also, you don't have to apologize for the troll, Gary. I think the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.
Stuff like that doesn't bother me anyway, I've seen and gotten way worse.

PS: So nobody wants to ask me any question? Oh... :(
◄-►-▼-◄-►-▼
VoEC

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am

Ah welcome. And not a ton to ask, except i think youre the 3rd or 4th girl we know of on lopers.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 am

I don't believe I have seen you around here before. But nonetheless, welcome.
Epifire

Postby marnamai on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 am

What's up with the not dying for 1,5 years?
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby VoEC on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

marnamai wrote:What's up with the not dying for 1,5 years?

Oh, nevermind that, It's just a crude joke. Of course I would like to live longer than that. :D
And the 1,5 years... well, It's kinda personal so I will just say that in about one and a half years something really important is going to happen in my life, and I wouldn't want to miss that. :)
◄-►-▼-◄-►-▼
VoEC

Postby marnamai on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Without going into the specifics, is it related to a certain chirurgery?
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Reading her blog gives you an idea. I think.

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Next

Return to Introduction Time