Used to use the site in 2006! Hello again :)

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

Re: Used to use the site in 2006! Hello again :)

Postby Xyos212 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

I expect the site should get more activity now that the Steam CSGO workshop is up. :) Still hard for me to fathom source being out since HL2, which came out in 2004 I believe. 9 years feels like eternity for a game engine.

To put it in perspective, Unreal was on 2.0 when HL2 released. A couple years later we get Unreal Engine 3, then 3.5 with the UDK, and 4 on the horizon. Source still has some life left in it but man, we could really use Half-Life 3 on Source 2 soon haha!
Avatar images are 130x130 - Please refer to the Forum Rules.
Xyos212
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah. But Source has received quite a few updates throughout the years. It's not the same engine it was 9 years ago.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Epifire on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Gary wrote:Yeah. But Source has received quite a few updates throughout the years. It's not the same engine it was 9 years ago.

Yeah take Alien Swarm Engine and what CS:GO uses, there are a lot of things changed. I think what we want to see and kinda expect in a new engine would be a very big overhaul.
Epifire

Previous

Return to Introduction Time