Hello everyone!

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

Hello everyone!

Postby FRAG on Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

I've lurked here for the past few years now and thought it was time to actually make an account, always found the site useful when I've been lost without a paddle.

I tend to hop between the source engine and whatever version of UnrealEd Epic has decided to release.

So yeah, hello all!
FRAG
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Jangalomph on Mon May 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Greetings! We use both Source and UDK here, so feel free to ask questions.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mao on Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Just not too many really really stupid ones. There's actually a thread for the stupid ones.
Mao

Postby Epifire on Mon May 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Welcome to Interlopers. Enjoy your stay and do beware the Trolls, for they can be nasty sometimes.
Epifire

Postby FRAG on Tue May 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, don't think I'll be asking many stupid questions as I've been using both editors for a good few years now but you always have those moments and what not.

I suppose I'll chuck in some extra info about me here (Too excited about finally joining you see :P )

Spent 3 years obtaining a bachelor's degree in Games Design, was good fun and met a ton of fantastic people.

I run a Unofficial UDK tutorial series that got featured by Epic Games last year, it's on hold till July when I head up to Brighton Develop.

And I'm quite quirky, which helps I suppose :D

Anyway, here's something I worked on the other day during a spare hour or two, might take it further if I get some time.

FRAG
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby TechieUK on Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 pm

That map is really, really nice.
Welcome, by the way.
Also know as WILLAM; TechieUK is my old name. If you see WILLAM on Steam or ModDB, it's me.
TechieUK
Regular
Regular

Postby Stormy on Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Where did you study game design? Game design courses are a bit controversial methinks. Got a portfolio from the course? I'd love to see what three years studying game design gives you on graduation.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby FRAG on Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 pm

I studied in Plymouth at the Art College there, here's a link to their site http://www.plymouthart.ac.uk/

Game Design courses can indeed be controversial but If I'm honest, they are still new in terms of well established design courses, so not everything is going to bode well for them during their infancy stages.

And sadly I have no portfolio to show you at the moment, I'm currently migrating my website via the wonders of a tethered connection as I travel with a horrid little laptop that has nothing but a copy of hammer and UT:GOTY

I noticed a portfolio section on this site though, can anyone publish a portfolio there?
FRAG
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Major Banter on Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am

It's the internet, do what you want, you filthy rebel.

Unless your name is Arma.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Introduction Time