Programming Pimpage Thread

Grab your favourite IDE and tinker with the innards of game engines

Re: Programming Pimpage Thread

Postby stoopdapoop on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 pm

still putting around with my engine. Got a lot of shit done, but this (dynamic) height fog with inscattering is the only screenshottable thing.

I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SM Sith Lord on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am

It makes me want to jump in an A-Wing and shoot down tie fighters, then watch them spiral into the fog, followed by an obscured flash of light illuminating the fog around the crash site. :)

Notice I said A-Wing, not X-Wing. X-Wings are terrible for dog fighting within the atmosphere.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby TechieUK on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Not sure if this is really worth posting, but it's neat, and I really like it. I decided it doesn't really deserve a tutorial of its own, but I don't know if anyone else knows about it so here goes...

If you open movevars_shared.cpp, and search for this, it's around line 82:
Code: Select all
ConVar   sv_rollangle   ( "sv_rollangle", "0", FCVAR_NOTIFY | FCVAR_REPLICATED | FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY, "Max view roll angle");

Then change that 0 to another number, between 5 and 10, more or less if you want to, like so:

ConVar   sv_rollangle   ( "sv_rollangle", "10", FCVAR_NOTIFY | FCVAR_REPLICATED | FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY, "Max view roll angle");

Then compile, in-game your view will tilt to the left and right as you move left and right, very similar if not identical to the view rolling in Black Mesa. A very cool effect.
Also know as WILLAM; TechieUK is my old name. If you see WILLAM on Steam or ModDB, it's me.
TechieUK
Regular
Regular

Postby Mehis on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:10 pm

TechieUK wrote:Not sure if this is really worth posting, but it's neat, and I really like it. I decided it doesn't really deserve a tutorial of its own, but I don't know if anyone else knows about it so here goes...

If you open movevars_shared.cpp, and search for this, it's around line 82:
ConVar   sv_rollangle   ( "sv_rollangle", "0", FCVAR_NOTIFY | FCVAR_REPLICATED | FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY, "Max view roll angle");

Then change that 0 to another number, between 5 and 10, more or less if you want to, like so:

ConVar   sv_rollangle   ( "sv_rollangle", "10", FCVAR_NOTIFY | FCVAR_REPLICATED | FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY, "Max view roll angle");

Then compile, in-game your view will tilt to the left and right as you move left and right, very similar if not identical to the view rolling in Black Mesa. A very cool effect.

You will burn in hell for doing this and especially if you flag it as a cheat.

Also, you don't even have to compile in order to use it. Just put the command in valve.rc or something.
Mehis
Regular
Regular

Postby ScarT on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Mehis wrote:You will burn in hell for doing this and especially if you flag it as a cheat.

Also, you don't even have to compile in order to use it. Just put the command in valve.rc or something.

Pretty much instant motion sickness for me. If your game got this, and I can't disable it, I'm not going to play it for more than 10 seconds.
ScarT

Postby TechieUK on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Just a suggestion for anyone wanting a similar effect. It's up to the person using it to put it in or change whether it's a cheat or not. If you don't like it, then don't use it.
Also know as WILLAM; TechieUK is my old name. If you see WILLAM on Steam or ModDB, it's me.
TechieUK
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Programming