3dFoin models

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

2.92 out of 5 (12 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!


Re: 3dFoin models

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Him suggesting this guy not make huge breasted models means he belongs on tumblr? Hollow has been on loper's from the very beginning. Not that it really matters, but you better check yourself before you shrek yourself bruh. Anyways point is, it's cool and whatever if this guy wants to model whatever he wants.

However that being said, interlopers is a source engine community, which kind of makes me wonder why he's even posting this stuff here. It's probably because three of you guys keep going WOW COOL NICE MODELS BRO. Obviously, if some of you love the models, I don't see a problem with others disliking them, especially on the case their subject is a bit sensitive to some.

My feeling are, if you want to model huge tits then more power to you. However do it somewhere else. Interlopers is not the community for that.
User avatar
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 am
Location: IN YOUR SOUL

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby [KIRBY] on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:56 pm

looks like you misunderstood me.
I was on about him complaining about things that have pretty much no meaning and impact on his or someones life, simply its a case of "first world problems" that is pretty much fuel of tumblr.

and you have a good point that this is source engine community, however it has opened up for other engines like UDK, and this here is portfolio part of the forum, so uploading his work is justified.
User avatar
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular
 
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby srredfire on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

As much as enjoy internet banter, this is a portfolio thread, and I think the only things that should be posted here are constructive criticisms. Not attempting to denounce each other's opinions
User avatar
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran
 
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:44 pm

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Hollow on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:16 pm

MrBlackspoon wrote:Feminism is strong in this thread.


I don't think you understand feminism at all. Some of these strawman responses are laughably bad. Anybody can throw out the 'ol 'feminist/social justice warrior/white knight' retort, because it's incredibly easy to resort to that when you don't any tangible point or argument to back it up.

[KIRBY] wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but you are spilling your anger here and go on with a big rant on something that starts going off-topic.
some people just like to make aesthetically pleasing models, and since he is hobbyist/indie, model like this is absolutely fine.
this rant of yours makes you sound like you belong to Tumblr instead of Interlopers


Well, when you've been a pretty active member on this forum for 8/9 years, you'll understand that it's frustrating to see a once very vibrant community not grow up out of typical forum attitudes.

It's not really going off topic though, because he is posting his models here, and I am criticizing them. If there's a way to suggest ''hey maybe don't make stereotypical female characters for once'' without getting a knee-jerk defensive response from others, (because I must have an agenda right?) I'd like to hear it.

You and I must have a very different interpretation of what aesthetically pleasing means. Also never did I suggest people aren't allowed to make sexy characters. This just isn't it. There's a huge difference in regards to decent taste and style when designing a 'sexy' character, the requirement that they need to be half-naked & have huge boobs to communicate that is so far off the mark it's not even funny.

Also, that's a very lovely shitty attitude you have in regards to the Tumblr comment. What a funny chap you are. Much insult, very burn. To start the comment as "I don't mean to be rude but..." and the end the comment with something rude, I don't even need to point out the irony.

[KIRBY] wrote:looks like you misunderstood me.
I was on about him complaining about things that have pretty much no meaning and impact on his or someones life, simply its a case of "first world problems" that is pretty much fuel of tumblr.


So you're saying perpetuating sexism and objectification is a first world problem and doesn't affect anybody or have impact in their daily life? Well, when 51% of the world's population are female, I'd think you'll find you're incredibly wrong on that front.
User avatar
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic
 
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby [Steve] on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Okay just to chime in here…

To clear things up, there is nothing wrong with this kind of material being posted on this site, I can see that it is not to everyone’s taste and I can understand why. However please keep your complaints civil and refrain from unnecessarily attacking other peoples opinion’s because they are different from your own.

Also I would also like to point out that this particular model is really relatively tame compared to stuff that manages to pass on other sites such as Polycount and Facepunch etc.
So please feel free to dislike the model and let the author know your personal opinion of how you would have preferred it to look. Or perhaps give feedback on how he could improve it.

But this is not a topic about the portrayal or objectification of women in video games, and this is not the topic to flame or bait other people based on their views of the topic.
User avatar
[Steve]
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff
 
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Gambini on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 pm

You Hollow are just trying to justify the arrogant and disdainful responses the guy is getting. He´s only showing his work on his portfolio thread and you and other guys only come to post derogative critisms or offences based on his choice of style. People get better with the time and experience and constructive critism can have a huge role on how they develop their skills. Those models must have taken a lot of work and I don´t see how the fact that there are better ones at polycount makes them bad in any way. I´d understand some disdain if he introduced them with titles as "this is the best female model ever" or "welcome to the not sexist models thread" but this is not the case. Unless you convince the admins to put a disclamer on the register page that only the masters of the gaming industry can show off their work here, be ready to defend your position, which i consider very elitist and haughty.
User avatar
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot
 
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Oskmos on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 am

He is not showing work on his portfolio thread. He is marketing products that are up for sale.

3dFoin wrote:
01.jpg
We're small team created by young but experienced artists. Our main areas are 3d character concept, modeling and animation.............

http://3dfoin.com


And sexism issues are important so I don't care what the topic is. Why Hollow is meeting so much resistance I dont understand. I think they ought to get alot more disdainful responses about their sexist models.
User avatar
Oskmos
Regular
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Hollow on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am

Gambini wrote:You Hollow are just trying to justify the arrogant and disdainful responses the guy is getting. He´s only showing his work on his portfolio thread and you and other guys only come to post derogative critisms or offences based on his choice of style. People get better with the time and experience and constructive critism can have a huge role on how they develop their skills. Those models must have taken a lot of work and I don´t see how the fact that there are better ones at polycount makes them bad in any way. I´d understand some disdain if he introduced them with titles as "this is the best female model ever" or "welcome to the not sexist models thread" but this is not the case. Unless you convince the admins to put a disclamer on the register page that only the masters of the gaming industry can show off their work here, be ready to defend your position, which i consider very elitist and haughty.


it's a stance I'm willing to take & I'm happy to defend my position. At least I'm not actively defending sexism.
I have a hard time responding to your comments, because they seem so bizarre in nature. You're always the first to jump to the position of the antagonistic role if anybody on this forum receives any form of criticism. And as much as I appreciate Steve trying to diffuse the situation, This is NOT a portfolio thread, as Oskmos candidly pointed out, he is merely posting links to models he is selling on his site. This is just advertising and promotion. Not once has he asked for feedback or comments, so I can be as harsh as I please.

By giving me resistance about this topic, you're actually pretty much just proving my point that there's an underlining issue with the attitudes & mentality still prevalent, so go figure.
User avatar
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic
 
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Jeeves on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 pm

3dFoin, I find your art-style reminiscent of late '90s PS1 games, thus to me they appear disparate to source character models, though that is perhaps due to the rendering.Have you considered rendering some in the source engine?; this might increase interest; Also, are you a woman?.
Jeeves
Regular
Regular
 
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:53 pm

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Yeah hello guys, I thought we already knew he's selling and advertising these models? It's the only reason I'm so adamant about him going away. Interlopers is not a site to advertise and sell your content.
User avatar
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 am
Location: IN YOUR SOUL

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Gambini on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Hollow wrote:
I have a hard time responding to your comments, because they seem so bizarre in nature. You're always the first to jump to the position of the antagonistic role if anybody on this forum receives any form of criticism.


I don´t understand what is so bizarre about my point. I don´t think I come here too often to be take the antagonistic role as you say, at least not "always that anybody receives any form of critism". Critism can come in many ways and the kind you´re providing has no further purpose than your -and your buddies´- amusement. So, yeah! if you enjoy being a jerk with someone just because you don´t like his work I can´t do nothing to change your mind.
User avatar
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot
 
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 am

Gambini wrote:
Hollow wrote:
I have a hard time responding to your comments, because they seem so bizarre in nature. You're always the first to jump to the position of the antagonistic role if anybody on this forum receives any form of criticism.


I don´t understand what is so bizarre about my point. I don´t think I come here too often to be take the antagonistic role as you say, at least not "always that anybody receives any form of critism". Critism can come in many ways and the kind you´re providing has no further purpose than your -and your buddies´- amusement. So, yeah! if you enjoy being a jerk with someone just because you don´t like his work I can´t do nothing to change your mind.


I very much doubt Hollow is doing this solely to amuse himself ('and his buddies'), I'm pretty sure he's trying to convey that showing women purely as objectified lust objects isn't something we should be doing in games these days. But as always, opinions differ.
User avatar
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: People's Republic of Porygon

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby Gambini on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:19 am

I´m sorry but if sexism was the core of this discussion and his whole point I just put my step outside and move on. I don´t really think too much about sexism at all, not to even recognize it in someone´s artwork (unless it´s some kind of porno comic). But he and other guys were deliberately offensive with this member based on the quality of his work not meeting their standards, or at least that´s how they made it look like.

I´m off this train. I have never been good arguin with people myself. Which doesn´t mean I don´t have a point. If the colective attitude is to be harsh with the less-experienced ones, then go ahead, but say it straigth face to save time.
User avatar
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot
 
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Shit I;ve been saying it straight faced this whole time gambini. 3dfoin should stop posting his shit on interlopers. The end.
User avatar
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 am
Location: IN YOUR SOUL

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby LordDz on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:48 pm

I'll my cent of worth here in short: he's posting this portifolio here for us to buy, that gives us the right as the pontentional customer to critizise his work.
And an user on interlopers, should they want a model for their mod, I doubt they would want one with "Total 16 animations + facial animations + boobs bouncing XD" as stated in a previous post.

So I'd say 3Dfoin should be allowed to post their models here, some of them are really good. It just shouldn't be the half-naked chicks with their boobs bouncing around.
User avatar
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills
 
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Hammer Crash Logs
PreviousNext

Return to Portfolios

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron