Portfolio critque

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Portfolio critque

Postby pistol Perry on Wed May 27, 2009 7:34 am

Hey everyone, I'm just looking to get a few opinions on my portfolio. There are some unfinished parts mainly the projects page. Thanks!
Last edited by pistol Perry on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pistol Perry
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Portfolio critque

Postby Surfa on Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Nice to see a coder with a portfolio on the internet, most just have records of what they worked on in paper format. Anyway I liked the programmer jokes found most of them amusing. The main thing I didn't like though was the colour scheme seemed really bleak and boring.
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby jister on Wed May 27, 2009 12:45 pm

cool cool,the content was very interesting but the design is a bit robust. i would go for a more (program)interface like design...
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Australian Bushman on Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Gave it a gander, looks pretty good and simple. No need for colour though hey? :)
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

Postby theblahman on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

Just took a look then, the structure is solid, but like others I'm unsure about the colours. It's a very cold colour scheme, but whatever works for you :)

I'm tickled pink to see that you're using XHTML 1.0 Strict, I like that!

I would suggest using CSS to have just one button background rather than individual images for each.

Also, use é in your title for "Resumé" because on the "Blog" page when you hover over with the mouse (In Safari 4 Public Beta 5528.17, Mac OS X 1.5.7) it doesn't display the e with an acute sign on it.

On a non-design note, on the "About Me" page it says you've been doing C++/C/C# programming for a year, but then your resumé page says you're fluent in C++/C/C#. Fluent after a year? It's just a little qualm I have, you may be fluent after a year, just seems a bit funny to me. Your call.

You also may want to point out that those comics came from xkck.com, someone might get cranky.

Keep it up!
I design (v4.1 released 23/2) and Tweet.
theblahman
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Web Design & Development