Punky's portfolio, finally 'done'

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Re: Punky's portfolio, finally 'done'

Postby no00dylan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 pm

especially the home button XD

guess where it takes you?
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TicTac on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Punky, I still feel like your home-page has nothing in common, (style-wise,) with the rest of your portfolio. Try and keep a theme throughout your whole site. Personally, I like the minimalistic style of your portfolio page.

Do you want me to whip something up in Photoshop so you know what I mean? (Being serious, here).
Competent Level Designer, 3D Artist.
I don't really look like my avatar
TicTac
Veteran
Veteran

Postby punky on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

TicTac wrote:Punky, I still feel like your home-page has nothing in common, (style-wise,) with the rest of your portfolio. Try and keep a theme throughout your whole site. Personally, I like the minimalistic style of your portfolio page.

Do you want me to whip something up in Photoshop so you know what I mean? (Being serious, here).

I know what you mean, I realize that my homepage is too random compared with my portfolio itself but I just liked it and altered it so much I decided for my self that it should stay :p But I will probably get rid of it and maybe I'll just redo my whole 'folio, I really don't know, I usually want to use too much of my ideas and designs in one site/map/whatever... :p
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jister on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:56 am

your portfolio now only says home... that means you toke off and went home? ;)
why not inspire your portfolio on your signature? you can do a lot with that style, simply 1 color; red, aided by white and black.
very compact only work with lines and squares...?
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby punky on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:27 pm

jister wrote:your portfolio now only says home... that means you toke off and went home? ;)
why not inspire your portfolio on your signature? you can do a lot with that style, simply 1 color; red, aided by white and black.
very compact only work with lines and squares...?

I've made like 4 more portfolio designs, but still don't have a single one that I like enough to put online so I'm just waiting till I have better ideas and web-design skills :p
I'll probably will put a new portfolio online in a few weeks since I have one week off school soon :)
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby static07 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Heh, I see I'm not the only PJ here ;)

Oh and let your work do the speaking for you, there's no need spend much time in designing your site. Just greet your visitors with some of your best work.

Take our fellow Belgian Hourences' site http://www.hourences.com/ , although he's made some great stuff, the design of his site takes away some of the attraction of the screenshots, you get greeted by a landing page with just buttons all over the place, it's designed... ok, but his webdesign skills aren't whats important.

But look at http://www.philipk.net/ all you want to do is click those thumbnails, once you've seen enough you'll ask yourself Who is this guy? and browse to his resume. Mission accomplished, you need nothing more.
static07
Regular
Regular

Postby punky on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks for the tips, I know both level-designer's too btw :D Next week I'll have some time to put something up, I'll post an update here when it's done!
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Web Design & Development