Finished writing my portofolio. Your toughts?

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Re: Finished writing my portofolio. Your toughts?

Postby Fearlezz on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:10 pm

That would be great!
What is the real format for DOB then?
Fearlezz
Regular
Regular

Postby Plague on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Well for a Cover Letter it is suggested to eliminate as much confusion on dates to use this format,
Month D, YYYY

Universally this would be pretty recognizable, with the full name for the month and the 4 numbers obviously being a year then the middle number has to be days.

Example: January 1, 1990

Other information I've found seems to point to the same structure for DOB format standards, MM/DD/YYYY

imo the first method is the best, removes enough confusion that anyone who has the ability to hire other people should be able to figure it out for him self.

By the way, I really am liking the portfolio!
While I did not really notice it at first I agree with the others that the resume bit should just be called a Bio or "About Me" and later you could make another tab for a resume.
Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Yzooo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Plague wrote:Other information I've found seems to point to the same structure for DOB format standards, MM/DD/YYYY

In europe it's DD/MM/YYYY, just sayin.

EDIT:Weird thing is,i actually think it MIGHT be YYYY/MM/DD in sweden... just sayin once again. Because I always say mine 94/08/02

OH AND YA, on the resume page the "personals" button is misplaced(Notice how you can't click the lower part of it)! At least for me.
Yzooo

Postby Plague on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm

good point, from my limited google search for standard DOB formats I probably got mostly american results.

In that case the first method is the best as it allows for you to mix the format around and still keep it universally readable.
Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fearlezz on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Yes I think writing out the month would work best aswell. Thanks! :)
Fearlezz
Regular
Regular

Postby Fearlezz on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 am

Quick update :smt023

I added two tabs to the resume page. Left of the container. One says bio, the other resume. Clicking on the resume removes the bio text and replaces it with my resume.
Right now, I only have my education, but this is where I intend to add to as I gain more profesional experience. Hopefully the list will grow.

I am unsure about the tabs design-wise for the following reasons

• The tabs are out of the main container of the site, which kinda breads the layout.
  • They are big and clumsy, but I want them to be noticable
  • They are fully static, I dont know javascript well enough to make them either change img or change position (Moving them to the right about 10px gives good enough effect of selection)
Fearlezz
Regular
Regular

Postby marks on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Layout and colours are really nice, like Vilham said though a few spelling and grammatical errors.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Previous

Return to Web Design & Development