cs_metroplex

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Re: cs_metroplex

Postby m8nkey on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 am

Groxkiller585 wrote:"GROX"?

This a refrence to the most powerful aliens in the galaxy, a random sign model you found/made, or a refrence to another Grox I do not know?

All the signage was modeled by myself and Simon Aublet http://pixelem.over-blog.com/. It's all references to mods, community sites and so forth. Grox is a small webdev company i did some work for.
m8nkey
Regular
Regular

Postby Jike on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm

and of course "Don't Panic!" :D
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Knights on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:09 am

Cool, you finally released it! Looking good, I'll give it a whirl tonight! :jingle:
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Captain Terror on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:39 am

Looks awesome downloading now! =)
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby Armageddon on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:01 am

U-U-U-U-U-ULTRA BUMP-P-P-P-P-P
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Captain Terror on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 am

bump! (please smite if necessary)

VERY cool map! I love the feeling inside the movie theatre; i could almost smell the popcorn. A couple comments:
+HIGLHY detailed and pretty map
+great use of custom materials
+inside and out looks fabulous
+good use of ambience
+nice "bonus features" like the credits rolling inside the movie theatre
+funny you have the popcorn bag and drink cup phys objects scattered around to kick. =)

-inside theatre concessions feels a bit "square" to me. This may be exactly the way it is in RL, it's just the way i percieve it.
-inside the actual theate seems very compact and not very impressively designed/detailed compared to the rest of the map imo. This should be the cenerpiece of metroplex imo, and be amazing. also, i would have personally dimmed the lights in there: even though the credits are rolling, it is still too bright.

NOTE: I am a newb source mapper, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Much of the stuff in there i don't even have any idea how you did it! just absolutely beautiful stuff! Great work!
=P
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:38 am

It's plastered at the top of the front page. I think of that like a sticky. So I don't see anything wrong with bumping.

By the way, note I don't take nicely to those who exaggerate and complain about bumps.

Oh and I don't ever think I said how awesome this map looks. Great job. Only thing I dislike is the lack of definition in the car shadows, but I mostly blame Source for that.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Captain Terror on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 am

ya, some sites get downright nasty for bumping, so i wanted to be inb4 any flamfesting! =P

And ya, the shadows can be easily be sharpened/tweakes by placing a "block light" tool texture around the roof/hood/trunk areas of the car. vary the shape and location for the desired effect (not that i even noticed the shadows until u said something).
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:35 am

I assume the shadows are like the way they are for a reason. The reason being that, to give them definition, you would have to have a low lightmap scale for the brushes under them. And for such a big area, you would drastically increase both compile time and file size of the map.

Hey, there would be an advantage of RTT shadows for cars. RTTs are cheap as dirt particles.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Xyos212 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Nice brushwork :)
Avatar images are 130x130 - Please refer to the Forum Rules.
Xyos212
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Showcase