Call-In

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Call-In

Postby Kudden on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:04 am

Call-In is a mod that I have made and it would not have turned out this way if it wasn't for interlopers.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-in
Personally I think it's quite good, and the rating is quite high on mod-db though some people doesn't seem to have very high standards when playing mods. Which might be a good thing.

The best thing about the mod in my opinion is the explotarion, I love that kind of stuff and since it's not bad looking I hope you will enjoy it as well.
The worst thing is some bad placements of enemies, this is all because I just started mapping to make something nice, put some combine in and kept going.

After all. I made this to learn mapping in source and I think you can see a big difference between the first and last map Especially when looking at the vmfs ^^

Image ImageImage Image

In the end it's definitely worth a play through.
Download it from mod-db.
Cheers.
Kudden

Re: Call-In

Postby rookiehy2 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I have finished playing your mod. Not bad really, hope you can keep mapping on source engine. :smt023
rookiehy2

Postby stoopdapoop on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Wow, I just played it and I have to say there's alot of quality map here. You say the enemies were just tossed in sorta as an afterthought, but the pacing turned out fine. The path was very straightforward (which can either be a good - or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it)

I just wish you didn't have so many blinking dynamic lights around, most of them were subtle, but they cause the characteristic framerate stuttering when looking in certain directions. Also they generally decrease the quality of the lighting.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby rookiehy2 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Maybe it's just me, I think the part with two hunters at the same time is the most difficult part for me, I died 4-5 times. Not because of the hunters, but the combine soldiers. They killed me while I was dodging the hunters :?
I think a bigger area would be better, the combine soldiers in close range are deadly in hard mode.
rookiehy2

Return to Showcase