[CSS] de_survivor_css

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[CSS] de_survivor_css

Postby SM Sith Lord on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Here is my newly completed Counter-Strike: Source map de_survivor_css:

ImageImageImageImageImage

DOWNLOAD DE_SURVIVOR_CSS NOW

This is a standard DE map with 2 bombsites and 64 spawn points. Each bombsite has at least 3 points of entry. This map was meticulously rebuilt from the ground-up to be very close to the original de_survivor by 3D Mike. Thorough beta testing shows that framerates are well within the acceptable range for serious play, but you can expect this map to be as taxing as de_nuke or de_inferno. This map was created for and is in rotation at the [DoP] High Times servers.

Note that while this map does come with a .NAV file, it is not optimized. Bots are over-rated.

A high priority informant has been shot down by enemy forces in a remote mountainous area. A local private security force has been contracted by the US to be America's first response in bringing the plane crash survivor into custody for interogation. The survivor has locked himself in the cockpit of the plane wreckage.

Counter-Terrorist objective is to secure the immobilized target until the 2nd American team arrives.

Terrorist objective is to execute the target or otherwise prevent his extraction by US forces.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: [CSS] de_survivor_css

Postby MayheM on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:24 pm

That looks straight up sexy man. I loved 3D-Mikes original!!! I will have to check this out.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Saxon on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Surprised no one else is commenting, this is a rather nice job. I'd certainly be interested in playing some games on this :)
Saxon
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby CptDobey on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi,

I just add a mirror to our site: http://www.netday.be/games/css/maps/de- ... ss/review/

A great map :smt023
CptDobey
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby mookie on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:49 am

Just ran it with a full server. It's good. A few complaints about the fog.
"When you mess up, it makes me feel better about me." -- Vince Masuka
mookie
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby CptDobey on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 am

My players also complained about fog. They also suggest to replace snow by sand, and alter the layout a bit to have streets, houses and tunnel. They also found the map name sux. You should replace s-u-r-v-i-v-o-r-c-s-s by letters like d-u-s-t.

:lol:

Seriously, the fog is a component of the map concept. If one does not like that part, go play on other maps. Every time a map is out, it is either too dark, too small, too large, too foggy... People just want to play on Dust2, or more precisely, they want to play on all maps as they are used to play on Dust2. If a map has a different gameplay (because it is dark, foggy, narrow, large...) they to not want to adapt and just complain.

A purpose of custom map is also to provide custom gameplay.
CptDobey
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Ark11 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 am

Walk through it for a bit and liked it, nice layout, aesthetically pleasing. I particularly liked the plane crash area. I don't know why people had an issue with the fog, I thought it created an nice atmosphere to the map.

@CptDobey, your right everyone just wants to play de_dust2 for bomb maps, cs_office for hostage maps and aren't willing to try anything new. I almost never see servers with other good maps like de_inferno, de_nuke, etc.
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
Ark11

Return to Showcase