[CSS] fy_plybox

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[CSS] fy_plybox

Postby radu_iceman on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 am

Image
Image
Image

fy_plybox introduces a new and exciting environment for Valve's Counter-Strike: Source, featuring fast paced rounds that take place inside a warehouse specially designed for close quarter combat. The map has a uniqure feel to it and an extreme attention to detail, further enhancing the visual experience. One the other hand we have the gameplay experience, which can get very tense at moments when you're the only one left and knowing that your enemy could be right around the corner. Your victory is not only achieved by skill, but also by choosing the right weapon for this kind of combat and keeping yourself constantly moving.

About the map

The map supports maximum 24 players, since it's very small. You play inside a warehouse, specially designed for close quarter action.

Credits

Mapping/Textures - Radu "IceMan" Tanasie

Most of the textures are from CG Textures.

Download
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/157936
Play hard, win easy!
User avatar
radu_iceman
Member
Member
 
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby Ark11 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 am

Looks very nice, reminds of Killhouse from COD4.
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
User avatar
Ark11
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby Kosire on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:46 am

Ark11 wrote:Looks very nice, reminds of Killhouse from COD4.


this.

Looks cool and reminds me of Killhouse from COD4 aswell... :smt023

Not liking the name tho, aim_ would have been better imo.
User avatar
Kosire
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r
 
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby WhiteDevil on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 am

I fail to see the extreme attention to detail, prop boxes hardly add any detail
User avatar
WhiteDevil
Been Here A While
Been Here A While
 
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:09 pm

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby BubbleQ on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Kosire wrote:Not liking the name tho, aim_ would have been better imo.

As he speaks that you have to chose the right weapon, aim is not good name^^ They only consists of 3 weapons mainly!

Also the map looks nice and clean but I would not spend too much time on advertise it as new and exiting, cuse it has been all done before.. Though I am sure that you could keep that theme and do alot more cool architecture stuff ;)
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
User avatar
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r
 
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: Sweden, Steungsund

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby radu_iceman on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 pm

BubbleQ wrote:
Kosire wrote:Not liking the name tho, aim_ would have been better imo.

As he speaks that you have to chose the right weapon, aim is not good name^^ They only consists of 3 weapons mainly!

Also the map looks nice and clean but I would not spend too much time on advertise it as new and exiting, cuse it has been all done before.. Though I am sure that you could keep that theme and do alot more cool architecture stuff ;)


I was planning to do something bigger with the same theme somewhere in the near future.
Play hard, win easy!
User avatar
radu_iceman
Member
Member
 
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby Chopium on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 am

Uh I edited a pic a bit to show some changes you could make.

Image

In a lot of Valve games, multiplayer maps focus on keeping player attention in the playing area. The bright red supports might make the ceiling needlessly detailed and distracting. It could blend more with the ceiling to keep attention in the playing area. Also, the stripe which was on the top of the wall was moved down for the same purpose, altough it could be moved in level with the catwalks if players are allowed on them.

I think the overall greenish hue was slightly unattractive, it was probably created from the light bouncing off the floor. I added an orange tint, you could add an orange tint to the light to help prevent the greening effect, or use different textures.

Aesthetically speaking, I think the composite board walls are too thick to be realistic. I think it might look more realistic if it were drywall or concrete. It's your call, though.

I like the geometry and the supports look cool. I hope to be able to play it some time.
User avatar
Chopium
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:52 am
Location: Illinois

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby radu_iceman on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am

Chopium wrote:Uh I edited a pic a bit to show some changes you could make.

Image

In a lot of Valve games, multiplayer maps focus on keeping player attention in the playing area. The bright red supports might make the ceiling needlessly detailed and distracting. It could blend more with the ceiling to keep attention in the playing area. Also, the stripe which was on the top of the wall was moved down for the same purpose, altough it could be moved in level with the catwalks if players are allowed on them.

I think the overall greenish hue was slightly unattractive, it was probably created from the light bouncing off the floor. I added an orange tint, you could add an orange tint to the light to help prevent the greening effect, or use different textures.

Aesthetically speaking, I think the composite board walls are too thick to be realistic. I think it might look more realistic if it were drywall or concrete. It's your call, though.

I like the geometry and the supports look cool. I hope to be able to play it some time.


Thank you a lot for the feedback. It's really something to think about.

Originally the red was even brighter and more distracting, so I had the brightness and saturation decreased a bit. I think I should have kept the first texture, which was white. I have to say, the orange stripe does look good when the structure is white.

I don't know if I'll change anything on the current map, but I will definitely apply some of your tips on the bigger one.
Play hard, win easy!
User avatar
radu_iceman
Member
Member
 
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

Re: [CSS] fy_plybox

Postby mookie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:42 am

Looks good. A smoother/more neutral concrete texture on the floor might be better. Bigger, especially wider, would probably be better for gameplay, and the crates and catwalks are a bit of a tease without being able to climb on them.

Definitely needs to be BSPZipped.
"When you mess up, it makes me feel better about me." -- Vince Masuka
mookie
Been Here A While
Been Here A While
 
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:27 am
Location: New England

Return to Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron