dm_ob_attack_house_xmas

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

dm_ob_attack_house_xmas

Postby gtamike_TSGK on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Game: HL2DM
Map Name: dm_ob_attack_house_xmas
Developer: gtamike_TSGK
GTAMIKES Server: 178.32.28.183:27015
Download In attachment
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=8123

This is a winter version of attack house.
The map has been fully updated so it has all the things dm_ob_attack_house_tsgk had, better graphics, tweaks, optimization, secrets/features etc. Aswell as few new models and textures.

This house map is like no other house map you have ever played for Half Life 2 Deathmatch.
Below is some information spilt up to in brief sections, so read the areas that interests you most.

**THEME**

It's a winter day and the house looks fairly normal from a quick glance, until you
have a closer look around. Inside there's lots of blood, dirt, TV's sparking and wall
paper damaged. Then you will start to notice there's alot of death around you, dead
bodies in the bath/freezer, burnt skull in the fire place, someone in a picture killed by
sharp spikes and a hanging body in the tree near by. Also many traps that surround
the house that has been used and still can be manually activated from a press of a button.
Welcome to Attack House let the Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch Begin!

**GAMEPLAY**

Attack House has been highly tweaked to be balanced and have fast gameplay.
The weapons, health and suit items have been well placed so you have to keep
moving around the map, this gives the map good flow and cuts players that camp
down. there's loads of escape options you can use if you're under heavy fire,
e.g. open doors, jumping out of windows, using near by air vents and some teleporters.
Every side from the outside of house gives options to jump onto the house.
Here's a video to show some of the jumps you can pull off ingame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64GuvhoyN0

**INTERACTION**

There are lots of things the player can interact with that gives the map character and
makes it more memorable. E.g. pressing the door bell, flushing the toilet, fully
working radio, a mask that follows and slowing regenerates health, explosive drink
cans that spawn from a vending machine, canisters that fly's around the map when
the player shoots caps are shot off, even killing the pond fish and much more!
There are some secrets in the map that adds to the fun and can be used to change
your playstyle. One example would be the hidden teleports in some walls for quick
getaways if you need them. There's some hint poster messages around that gives
you a good idea how to find secrets, like in radio room to use for your advantage and fun.

**GRAPHICS**

I've spent along time giving this map a good level of polish. From making the walls,
tiles and water reflecting perfectly how I want them to with well cubemap placement
and the right settings. To small things like adding much more detail to the textures for
when people look up close and a new remade sun. Also dust to the lights inside the
house with good light sprites and overall lighting to the map. As well as other effects
and other graphicalimprovements I have made. The map has been fully optimized so new effects will not have any big impact on frame rate. Don't forget to enable the new ob multi core feature in video options to take advantage multi core rendering and better fps boost.

Images

Last edited by gtamike_TSGK on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mapper since 2007 http://gamebanana.com/members/215600
gtamike_TSGK wrote:Innovation making new ideas come to life ¦)
gtamike_TSGK
Regular
Regular

Re: dm_ob_attack_house_xmas

Postby nub on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 pm

The christmas tree sticks out like a sore thumb because it's receiving like no lighting at all, and the stone wall on the outside is overly shiny. I'm pretty sure you used stock textures for this map so it might just be an issue with your cubemaps or the lighting in general.

But those are minor issues when you take the rest of the map in to account. It's very bland and looks more like a Goldsrc map (like CS 1.6) than a Source map. No real detail, everything is blocky. You seem like a new mapper so I won't be like "make it look perfect." But you should really keep maps like these to yourself, and I don't mean that in a bad way. A lot of new mappers love to get their content out there and get some kind of recognition. I was the exact same way when I first started, but the best thing to do is release a map when you really know your way around Hammer Editor. That way your first full-fledged map will look decent and people will admire your effort.

Speaking of effort, it looks like you spent a decent amount of it on this map, which I can appreciate. Just keep at it and you will eventually create something truly worth showing off. Your other map (nightmare church or whatever) is a lot better than this one.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby gtamike_TSGK on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Made this map in 2009 and nightmare church in 2011.
But the gameplay is there.

Here's the other version of the house.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35725

Thanks for the feedback I had a good lol.
Mapper since 2007 http://gamebanana.com/members/215600
gtamike_TSGK wrote:Innovation making new ideas come to life ¦)
gtamike_TSGK
Regular
Regular

Postby source-maps on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:03 pm

oh cute sleeping cat
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby gtamike_TSGK on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 am

gtamike_TSGK