[CS:GO] De_Telerad

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[CS:GO] De_Telerad

Postby Zane on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm

This is a map I've spent considerable time on, and released on the steam workshop, but didn't get much of a response. It is a small map, but has lots of variability in range of combat from long range to close quarter combat. It has played well in the small scale tests I've run with people on it with 8-10 players. I am releasing it here to get some constructive criticism and to see if people think it is worth working on further. I appreciate any input.

DE_TELERAD

workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191619594

NEW

OLD
Last edited by Zane on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zane
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: [CS:GO] De_Telerad

Postby Ringel on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm

I tested it (just with bots), and I like it! ;)

At first i thought it could be to small, but it isn't. The size is good and the ways you can walk are varied. You decorated the most areas very well. There are a few dark places, competitive players will probably dislike it. But I like it and you don't have to walk through those areas because they're are other ways to go.

One advice: You should shift down the cubemaps. The whole map is way too shiny. You should place the cubemaps 48 units above the ground.
Ringel

Postby Zane on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for giving it a chance. I am currently working on renovating the lighting of the entire map. What is currently there is just my attempts to make the map playable to see if it is worth putting more time into it. I have been rather busy recently but hope to update the map with another build in the near future. I had the cubemaps in and ran the cubemaps and it looked fine on my computer, but now that I play the steam workshop version it is also shiny for me too, so I'll try what you suggested and see if that improves anything. thanks
Zane
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Zane on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

I have released a new update of the map with pictures, I left the old pictures up here for reference of the changes. I overhauled all the lighting in the map, optimized a lot of the portals so it should run better, and added more detail. Please give comments or suggestions thanks.
Zane
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Showcase