de_brewery (CS:GO Map)

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

de_brewery (CS:GO Map)

Postby Bolleten on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:50 am

Hello!

I've been working on a CS:GO map for a couple of weeks and would love to get feedback!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324803305

Thanks in advance!

// Bolleten

Bolleten
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: de_brewery (CS:GO Map)

Postby Riomaki on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 pm

What kind of feedback are you looking for and where do you believe the map stands at this point?

I think the overall form looks okay. I don't play CS:GO so I can't comment on the layout, but aesthetically, the lighting needs a lot of work. It's very drab and there's hardly any color in it. Fog should be used to add depth to the outdoor area. The large expanses of concrete floor should also be broken up - whether by making them into displacements to paint texture variation on them, or added overlays/decals/non-colliding props.
Riomaki
Regular
Regular

Postby Bolleten on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:48 am

I've gotten alot of feedback about the light, that it's either dark or too flat.

In next iteration I'm gonna change the light and also make a 3D skybox. Hopefully that will make it better.

About the fog I'm not sure if the official maps use it or not, I don't want it to affect the gameplay.

I'm mostly looking for aesthetic feedback since I feel that the gameplay right now works like I intended.
Do you mean that I should put some foliage on the ground or just different ground texture in some places?

Thanks alot for the feedback! :)
Bolleten
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby cpl. punishment on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:16 pm

From what I know (and to be fair, it's mostly from beer commercials), breweries have the main brewing room:

and at least one conveyor belt area where the beer is bottled. There are also probably offices and such, in addition to delivery and storage areas. If you want to make an actual brewery, you are probably going to need to do some custom modeling.

Stylistically, your building exteriors are all single faces. Get some windows or other decorative elements on there to break them up. I recommend (as I do for every project) finding some reference images on Google or your search engine of choice so you have some ideas to draw upon.
cpl. punishment
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Showcase