Speed Challenge #8 - Street Stuff

Test your creative modelling skills.

Moderator: RawMeat3000

Speed Challenge #8 - Street Stuff

Postby Jest@ on Sat May 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Welcome to Speed Challenge 8! This time, I think it'd be nice to see y'all test your skills at fairly small, 'everyday' props, the kind of things you're likely to end up modelling at some point anyway. So the theme is Street Objects.

By Street Objects, I mean everyday stuff you're likely to see on the average street - signposts, parking meters, bus stops, streetlights, maybe fire hydrants, dumpsters, even a car if you want. I quite want people to make multiple objects as little 'sets', so I'll set a time target of 3 hrs (180 Minutes) in total, to allow you to get a few objects done. Still, try and get all your objects in one image - I might permit 2, if it looks like you can't sensibly fit it all into 1.

Please provide the following for your final entry:
- A render
- A wireframe
- Tri count
- Time spent creating the model

Remember, we're not looking for skinned/in-game models - feel free to skin 'em and post pics in this thread, but we'll only include plain renders in the vote. We recommend that you post your final picture using a clay render, click here to learn how to do it.

Don't forget that the 3hours are just to be used as a reference. It's ok if you take a bit more (or less, of course) than that to create the model -- just say roughly how long you took in your final entry post. I'll have to exclude any that took gratuitously long, though :)

The rules can be found here

I wont bother with reference images, since for a lot of you, you'll just have to look out of your window :) Still, feel free to include reference images of your own.

The challenge will end Monday at around 7pm GMT, go here to see how much time you've left.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with - everyday objects are really important things to be well-practiced in, and also can be quite challenging to get them perfect, so let's see what you can do!
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Speed Challenge #8 - Street Stuff

Postby Jest@ on Mon May 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Well that was a wild ride... :?
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran