RP_Sectra_Facility [WIP]

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: RP_Sectra_Facility [WIP]

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 am

Ehh, messing with wires and trying to figure out some better ways to detail the outer area,
got a headache from all the changes Ive had to do the past day. On the bright side compile
times have been cut even further.

To give everyone a rough rundown on the insanity of my mind, here is what this city looks like in my
head.

Code: Select all
The topside area is based off the fifth element to some extent, but confined and small and meant to be mainly an illusion of freedom to the people that work their, like Resident Evils Hive.

>>> Some possible layouts I want to implement are glass elevators in the two round towers starting in the lobby area that would descend into a massive underground vault which would be the entrance area to Sectra. Similar to Bioshocks four elevators that are in the start of the game.

>>> Delta is currently a test facility for any type of life form, Alpha I'm still stumped on, {need ideas badly} and the third sector is a fully functional production line.

>>> Currently in the process of implementing a more basic bunk area { simplistic apartment rooms underground with cave like structures and braces, with a slightly risen ceiling containing metal framing built into rock. One of the funnest parts of this project. Custom radios in each room with the ability to damage the plumbing. The maintenance side of role play is definitely covered lol

Last edited by SilentlyWeeps on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby dissonance on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

...with the ability to damage the plumbing?
do you have something against mario fans? :D
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm

dissonance wrote:...with the ability to damage the plumbing?
do you have something against mario fans? :D

:lol: hmm, you just gave me an easter egg idea
SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

First apartment viewing the north side, needs some major work but it's a good start, and the view
went just as planned :smt023

SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 pm

13 Hours Of Non-Stop Mapping, My head feels like twenty atom bombs going off inside
a small closet 50 miles underground. :smt044

Now, I got a somewhat basic layout of the city cafe started.

Last edited by SilentlyWeeps on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby Chrille on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 pm

This level design is fucking amazing. I've never seen anything that creative or different done with only default assets.
Chrille
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MaK on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Looks quite good so far. Really liking you're architectural style.
MaK

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 am

MaK wrote:Looks quite good so far. Really liking you're architectural style.
Chrille wrote:This level design is fucking amazing. I've never seen anything that creative or different done with only default assets.

Thanks guys,

@Chrille:

Over the years Ive seen how people think custom textures are the answer to everything,
for example facepunch has taken the attitude that in order to be a great mapper you must
haz custom asset :smt018 I think not.

And btw Happy Thanks Giving everyone, would have mentioned it in the last post but I was zoned out from all
the mapping lol

SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:49 am

Ive been hard at work the past couple days, and I have some interesting stuff to
show you guys very soon. :D

My focus has been on optimization mainly in order to accommodate for the high speed passenger and
freight train that is going to run right through the heart of the city, the second image is the design I came up with for the station entry and exit lobby. This way when players take the elevator up from the tunnels, they are greeted with a view. Not only is this train a great addition in general, but it gives me exactly what I needed to connect this level with the future transit map that has the IRobot building. :jingle:

And if you must know why a Mcdonalds sign is in that image, I happened to eat there the other day right after watching the cop chase scene from FE. Might change it down the road anyway, but I think it presents a good
opportunity for the secondary map. I know shame on me for eating Mcdonalds.

SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby Ark11 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:59 am

I've never seen a functioning transit system in an RP map before. I think it would be cool if it ran on a schedule and players had to buy tickets to use it.
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
Ark11

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 am

Ark11 wrote:I've never seen a functioning transit system in an RP map before. I think it would be cool if it ran on a schedule and players had to buy tickets to use it.

I think that massive evocity map made by sgt has a timed train and everything, but it's not that in depth.
I'm trying to make this train as detailed as possible, and the ticket thing isn't a bad idea. I was thinking
about re-creating the airport terminal from the fifth element, or something close to the same concept, either
way the player should have to access a terminal or something.
SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby SilentlyWeeps on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 am

I just wanted to bump this to say "Thank You" for providing an awesome place to post my projects.
It really hurts to see less activity around here, but this site has been running longer than Facepunch without
it's Database being purged and that's really something to clap about!

My life over the past 8 years has changed drastically, but I always have that hope deep down within myself that I'll continue working on my projects and when I do I'll continue without hesitation posting my updates on here because of the amazing and talented community this is and always will be. Thanks Again!
SilentlyWeeps
Regular
Regular

Postby srredfire on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:41 am

SilentlyWeeps wrote:I just wanted to bump this to say "Thank You" for providing an awesome place to post my projects.
It really hurts to see less activity around here, but this site has been running longer than Facepunch without
it's Database being purged and that's really something to clap about!

My life over the past 8 years has changed drastically, but I always have that hope deep down within myself that I'll continue working on my projects and when I do I'll continue without hesitation posting my updates on here because of the amazing and talented community this is and always will be. Thanks Again!

Hey man, the site isn't really active too much anymore, but a lot of us are still around in some capacity, and some people have moved onto the actual game industry. Thanks for being a part of it all.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Under Construction