[L4D2] Chernobyl

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: [L4D2] Chernobyl

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:54 am

@corigami: if you wanted to cheat you could simply say that the zombies have been attracted to this place due to the radioactivity. but sure, there are lots of people who live there still and guard the place. plus there are tourists and lots of people who visit surreptitiously. So there are more people there than it seems.
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Raistlin on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 am

@Smurftyours:
That´s why we have spend a lot of time into our story, to keep it realistic and comprehensible as possible.
We want is that the story is comprehensible like the most people would like to act, with a total panic.

You and your friends are refugees who have fleed to europe before the US-borders get closed. During your stay, the virus epidemic has escalated throughout Europe and you found yourself lost in the vast lands of Eastern-Europe. In Kiev you become are part of an huge mass panic and you get evacuated by the rest of UN and Ukraine-forces. The refugees should be redirected in the near of Chernobyl but than the evacuation point get´s overruned by the infected and so you get unwilling by an accident to the borders of Pripyat. (You will see a part of this to understand why you get to Chernobyl in our Intro, of course).

Small side note:
Today in Pripyat are about 200 people working every day in the power plant to cool down the other reactors and prevent another meltdown, it´s not complete abadoned there.
Visit Chernobyl on: Chernobyl-Mod.com | moddb.com | l4dmaps.com | l4dmods.com | interlopers.net | gaming-models.de | hlportal.de | Twitter | Youtube
Raistlin

Postby Xanthi on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Really nice and a perfect setting for zombies. Can't wait to try this. Keep it up!
Xanthi

Postby Menno21 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Small side note:
Today in Pripyat are about 200 people working every day in the power plant to cool down the other reactors and prevent another meltdown, it´s not complete abadoned there.

Prypyat is a abandoned city 11 km above Chernobyl, Prypyat is only be visited by tourists who are limited in there moves, and guided by a schooled guide. Most people lived once Prypyat are ex workers in the plants of Chernobyl.

Chernobyl is the city where the plants is located, about 111 km above the capital of Ukraine Kiev.

Prypyat is located in the dead zone its a forbidden zone for any traffic and people. this zone is 40 km in wide, and is the location were radiation level reach the highest. The city prypyat is affected more then Chernobyl himself. This because when the explosion occoured, a rain cloud full of radiation has hitted northwarts to Prypyat town and affected everything. Still govermant kept the dissaster for a secret, 2/3 days later Prypyat is abbandoned by police/army force.
50.000 people has to left everything behind and been transported. In mean while, radiation did his work already.

Now a day, nature winning his ground back, and in 2000 the govermant opened the forbidden zone for special tours, media and investigation. The road from Kiev and Chernobyl is guarded by 1 checkpoint.. Because no bussines permitted between travel goods out of this infected zone ( food/materials/clothes ). It will be punished by 5 years jail sentence. Also you need to sign papers you acepts the dangers by visiting the zone and get a special suit to wear.

After chernobyl ( the road to Prypyat ) you get 2 more checkpoints, those are more secured. same reasons.

Like what you said, not only north-west ukraine is been affected by radiation, big parts of white russia (belarus) are more infected. its already 27 years ago this dissaster is happened, now its a ghosttown! open to be visited by guide tours, but there are no people who are work over there, its still to dangerous, radiation is still to high and it will be for 1000 years more. you can only visit the city by few hours, after you need to be controled of radiation in your body.

Thats all I can say, its a nice modification but I think the story is a little bit weird in my opinion, people who flet from the U.S, before borders closes, fly to europe, see the decease reached Europe, and people flet to east-europe, special to Kiev, to hide somewhere in Chernobyl, they found a City Prypyat and decided to survive there? its inpossible in reality), But still I like the idea, I like the pictures go on with this good work!

Menno, (ex-ukrainian citizen)
Menno21

Postby source-maps on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Menno21 wrote:
Small side note:

Prypyat is a abandoned city 11 km above Chernobyl, Prypyat is only be visited by tourists who are limited in there moves, and guided by a schooled guide. Most people lived once Prypyat are ex workers in the plants of Chernobyl.

Chernobyl is the city where the plants is located, about 111 km above the capital of Ukraine Kiev.

Prypyat is located in the dead zone its a forbidden zone for any traffic and people. this zone is 40 km in wide, and is the location were radiation level reach the highest. The city prypyat is affected more then Chernobyl himself. This because when the explosion occoured, a rain cloud full of radiation has hitted northwarts to Prypyat town and affected everything. Still govermant kept the dissaster for a secret, 2/3 days later Prypyat is abbandoned by police/army force.
50.000 people has to left everything behind and been transported. In mean while, radiation did his work already.

Now a day, nature winning his ground back, and in 2000 the govermant opened the forbidden zone for special tours, media and investigation. The road from Kiev and Chernobyl is guarded by 1 checkpoint.. Because no bussines permitted between travel goods out of this infected zone ( food/materials/clothes ). It will be punished by 5 years jail sentence. Also you need to sign papers you acepts the dangers by visiting the zone and get a special suit to wear.

After chernobyl ( the road to Prypyat ) you get 2 more checkpoints, those are more secured. same reasons.

Like what you said, not only north-west ukraine is been affected by radiation, big parts of white russia (belarus) are more infected. its already 27 years ago this dissaster is happened, now its a ghosttown! open to be visited by guide tours, but there are no people who are work over there, its still to dangerous, radiation is still to high and it will be for 1000 years more. you can only visit the city by few hours, after you need to be controled of radiation in your body.

Thats all I can say, its a nice modification but I think the story is a little bit weird in my opinion, people who flet from the U.S, before borders closes, fly to europe, see the decease reached Europe, and people flet to east-europe, special to Kiev, to hide somewhere in Chernobyl, they found a City Prypyat and decided to survive there? its inpossible in reality), But still I like the idea, I like the pictures go on with this good work!

this sounds so fictional, it feels weird to know that this is actually true
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Raistlin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Menno21 wrote:

Believe me, we have informed us with various documentations (or they are all wrong, but thats not our fool).

The story is not the same that you have wrote: The survivors don´t want to went to Chernobyl.
They fleed from U.S. to Kiev. On they´re stay the virus breaks through europe and on the following mass panics they get unwilling to the borders of Chernobyl. The duration of the ingame-time in Chernobyl: 1 Day. They would not hide there but they must went through it. Because of the mass panic Chernobyl gets more populated with infected and thats why infected are there (not because of the radiosity as many people think).

Greetings
Visit Chernobyl on: Chernobyl-Mod.com | moddb.com | l4dmaps.com | l4dmods.com | interlopers.net | gaming-models.de | hlportal.de | Twitter | Youtube
Raistlin

Postby Fulcrum on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

As an intro you could have military vehicles driving into the zone of exclusion (with refugees) going through a checkpoint then a HORDE of zombies chasing the caravan. Going through the zone as a short cut to (wherever is the opposite side) high density of zombies cna be justified by the caravan being infected or by the following horde.
Fulcrum

Postby Fuzyhead on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 am

If you have a zombie horde behind you, and chernobyl's reactor in front of you, I don't think you will choose the zombies :P
Fuzyhead

Postby Raistlin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 am

Strange things happening in a small storage at the badlands of Pripyat.

Raistlin

Postby Fulcrum on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Make that firesmaller, possibly just embers. That large would scorch the ceiling. The area near the door seems a little empty to me, its passable but something is gnawing at me about it. You might also work on making it look abandoned rather than destroyed. The rubble piles don't seem to come from anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, it is lovely the atmosphere is perfect and scary, the lighting is dark enough to be scary but light enough to see and the sounds are brill.
Fulcrum

Postby Fuzyhead on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks for the criticism.
The fire have to become much smaller, right. I had some problems with scaling it down, but we're working on it right now.
And I think you're referring to the door near the fire? I'll add a light which fills the room behind the door later on. It also might get a Safe-room door to get more attention.
I mainly worked hand in hand with some references (most liked ;) ). Most abandoned rooms are filled with this rubbish stuff, I think it's from the ceiling. So I took care that the ceiling in the level is damaged and some parts fell down. I'll try if I can reduce some of the the piles.

I hope my answers are satisfying for you.
If someone still have some questions and criticism please go on.
Fuzyhead

Postby Menno21 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Fuzyhead wrote:Thanks for the criticism.
The fire have to become much smaller, right. I had some problems with scaling it down, but we're working on it right now.
And I think you're referring to the door near the fire? I'll add a light which fills the room behind the door later on. It also might get a Safe-room door to get more attention.
I mainly worked hand in hand with some references (most liked ;) ). Most abandoned rooms are filled with this rubbish stuff, I think it's from the ceiling. So I took care that the ceiling in the level is damaged and some parts fell down. I'll try if I can reduce some of the the piles.

I hope my answers are satisfying for you.
If someone still have some questions and criticism please go on.

I think also a good look must be taken to the storage boxes, thie look in my eyes quite new, like the boxes are placed yesterday.. I think better to give them a old look, like they are placed 25 years ago. Carton rots in s humidity air.
Menno21

Postby Raistlin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Menno21 wrote:I think also a good look must be taken to the storage boxes, thie look in my eyes quite new, like the boxes are placed yesterday.. I think better to give them a old look, like they are placed 25 years ago. Carton rots in s humidity air.

Yeah, we´re actually working on new shelves, boxes and particle-effects so you can take a look on them in a future update.

Greetings
Raistlin

Postby Raistlin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi everyone!

Based on a real location we want to create an huge project that delievers a brandnew and high-quality campaign, tons of new content and new challenges regarding gameplay.
You probably note that we want to make a lot of new things that you did not see in Left 4 Dead 2 before.
For this we are searching for some experienced leveldesigners on the Source-engine and the Hammer Editor.

We´re looking forward to make Chernobyl one of the best community-projects for Left 4 Dead 2 and our project is now in process for about one year. We make a steady progress but to reach our high standards we also need more employees. If you have interest and would like to work on us on this big project write me an private message our an email to raistlin@chernobyl-mod.com and put some references about your past works in it, please.

Here some of our latest works:
ImageImage

What we can offer:
- a friendly and humorous team
- a lot of work in a international team
- experience with Source-mods and the Source-Engine and collecting experience for them
- tons of high-resolution references, sponsored by a professional photographer
- a SVN-Server (sponsored by PlayBlack Studios, Prison Island)
- various of online-presences and a big pr-campaign
- many contacts in- and outside of the project

What we expect:

- reliability
- ability to work with references
- a eye for detailed enviroments
- maybe Left 4 Dead 2, not needed in some positions
- german or english speech
Raistlin

Postby Major Banter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:37 am

Oh I wish I was good enough...
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Under Construction