Favorite VSTi's

Ambient sounds, game effects and music creation.

Favorite VSTi's

Postby ghost12332 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Like the title says, what are your favorite VSTi's?

To start it off, my 2 favorite plugins would have to be East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra, along with Absynth 4. EWQLSO for my orchestral arrangements, and Absynth combined with millions of other plugins for groovy ambients and soundscapes.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Re: Favorite VSTi's

Postby haymaker on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Battery ftw!
Triangle is useful too.
My aging rig can't handle very many vsti's, haven't played any new ones in years. I always seem to end up using sfz for quick midi stuff.
haymaker
Regular
Regular

Postby mat_de_b on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Any free ones?
mat_de_b
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby coder0xff on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Antares Auto-Tune (which I'm pretty sure has a VST Effects version right? I have it as DX). But after that I'd have to say Absynth, ftw.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ghost12332 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Chimera, CosmoGirl II, Sun Ra, Devil Inside, Gargoyle, all of the DSK plugins, Mr. Ray and Mr. Tramp, Pluggotic Stealth, and the Nature pack by rurik leffanta, and Crystal. All good free stuff.

Check out www.kvraudio.com sometime. I may write up a free VSTi list, dunno yet.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby Mess on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Antares is pretty sexy but I recently got Melodyne and it really is amazing.

I also love the Spectrasonics range - Trilogy, Atmosphere and StylusRMX are great

For those that love old-skool sounds but can't afford a near-priceless synth, the JP-8v VST is also one of my current favourites.

Still in the process of acquiring all the EastWest collection, only got Vapor at the moment and not too impressed with it so far
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby ghost12332 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:42 am

Never heard of Vapor. The only East West products worth getting imo are the Quantum Leap ones, orchestra, choir, ministry of rock, etc.

The rest of the products are their site aren't made by East West, it's all 3rd party. Most of them are also crappy xD
ghost12332

Postby Mess on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah i just got the East West Orchestra, it's stunning :D
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Acheron on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:40 am

doez da torentd vershun of COMPLETE count???????? i gt it frum piratebay.

I couldn't resist :( VSTi's and Piracy go hand in hand, actually and most kinds of music production programmes in general. I bet you more people own a pirated version of FL Studio than an legit copy, for their hardxcore beatz 'n' shit, yo.

In all seriousness, unfortunately though I have not the ability to afford Komplete (or most others talked about.. rich bastards), I've used most of the products that are featured in the package at one time or another. Massive is just sheer brilliance, I could sit down with that thing and tinker with it for hours on end. Probably one of my favourites out of the ones I've tried and hopefully once I finish buying some new pieces of gear I'll be able to save up for Komplete.

Rapture is absolutely lovely for pads and synthstring sounds, even just some of the presets sound bloody awesome. I've abused it for a few other things like basses and such but I always seem to come back to it purely for pads, heh.
Acheron
Regular
Regular

Postby Mess on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:20 am

Yeah Massive is stunning for electro, particularly wobbly bass. Haven't managed to get all of Komplete yet... I'm currently looking into getting AcoustikPiano.
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Mess on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:21 am

Anyone got a free version of Akoustik Piano i can have? :(
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Omnistatic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 am

Massive, Sytrus, Crystal, Edirol Orchestral and 3xOsc are pretty much the only VSTs I use....
Omnistatic

Postby ryalho on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:54 pm

vanguard
Edirol
nexus
P8
V-Station
ryalho
Regular
Regular

Postby nub on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 am

Kontakt Player 4 is an amazing plugin, but you just need the right libraries. I had Symphobia installed and it's a pretty incredible orchestral library.

Z3ta+ is also a pretty awesome VSTi synthesizer, as well as Renegade, Albino 3, and Blue. They're not super powerful but they sound great.

I haven't been making any music for a while now. In fact my install of Fruity Loops is effed up and I still haven't fixed it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr-Jigsaw on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 am

nub wrote:Kontakt Player 4 is an amazing plugin, but you just need the right libraries. I had Symphobia installed and it's a pretty incredible orchestral library.

I didn't realize that the free Kontakt Player let you use third party libraries for more than fifteen minutes, or do you use the full version? If it does, then that opens up a lot more opportunities for me.
Mr-Jigsaw
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Next

Return to Audio