Audio pimpage thread

Ambient sounds, game effects and music creation.

Re: Audio pimpage thread

Postby Epifire on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 pm

To be honest the hardest part is getting a keyboard sound that sounds more like a piano then a keyboard. Kinda funny dealing that it is a great keyboard, but is in no way meant to replicate a real acoustic instrument. Just kinda came to me in the period of fifteen minuets, but it is one of my moar cleaner tunes.

Just kinda noticed the tempo/alignment of background and lead was a bit off too. See this is my way of remembering songs I think up since, I don't write them down or know musical notes all to well.
Epifire

Postby nub on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Yeah if you want realistic piano samples, you have to pay for them. I'm pretty sure either Native Instruments or East West have great piano libraries, but they'll be expensive.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Epifire on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 pm

nub wrote:Yeah if you want realistic piano samples, you have to pay for them. I'm pretty sure either Native Instruments or East West have great piano libraries, but they'll be expensive.

I am sure with a decent keyboard it would not have been to bad either, but this is what happens when I buy a synthesizer instead of a regular one that would have at least had something. But I get what you mean, and to be honest I really wouldn't mind just getting a real piano instead. It can actually be a lot cheaper if you play your cards right.
Epifire

Postby nub on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 am

A keyboard and a decent sample library would be so much more convenient though. But I guess playing a real piano is more satisfying.

Not that it makes any difference to me, considering I can't even play the piano.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Epifire on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm

nub wrote:A keyboard and a decent sample library would be so much more convenient though. But I guess playing a real piano is more satisfying.

Not that it makes any difference to me, considering I can't even play the piano.

I just throw things together that sound melodious to me, otherwise I don't know how to correctly play one either. XD
Epifire

Postby nub on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 am

Hah, sounds like me.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

MaK

Postby Epifire on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 am

Simple but nice, MaK. I keep expecting to hear some echoing guitar rifs early on in the song. Around 2:00 it starts to really get groovy imo. Reminds me of a lot of the Jazz Jackrabbit themes I used to listen to back on my old computer. That's a complement btw, I have a lot of respect for that series.
Epifire

Postby MaK on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 am

Lol, somebody else mentioned Jazz Jackrabbit as well. I have never played the games myself, but I'll take it as a good thing.
MaK

Postby Epifire on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm

MaK wrote:Lol, somebody else mentioned Jazz Jackrabbit as well. I have never played the games myself, but I'll take it as a good thing.

Epic games used to be Epic Mega Games back then, so they went from blazing bunnies to apes with chainsaw machine guns. Awesome company imo.
Epifire

Postby Epifire on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Being that I love Dishonored so much I decided to play the Whalers song from it. Better known as Emily's theme...

Epifire

Postby nub on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 pm

I remixed a couple of songs from the Bomberman Hero OST:

http://soundcloud.com/nickbaysingar/milky-zipper

In to one song, that is. Fuckin loved this game when I was a kid. It has such a weird and awesome soundtrack.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby plagueofburia on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi

I took a trailer and added my own sound FX and music this was done in 2011. My voice acting is bad :)
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Epifire on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:06 am

Interesting plagueo. Wait you had Voice overs in there?

I guess I was just looking at the trailer and didn't notice. Effects which ever they were that you added seemed to fit well enough so not bad.
Epifire

Postby PhoeniX1992 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Just started out helping a band with their audio a while ago, mostly live operating the mixer. Made a few (shitty) recordings during their rehearsals too. But hey, what do you expect for recording a whole band with just one studio microphone for all the instruments and a decent dynamic one for the vocals. Stuffs can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/mvankalsbeek

I do really like the recording I made of my girlfriend this weekend. Just some nice acoustic stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/mvankalsbeek/dan ... im-no-good

She also did a track with a friend of mine, who's more into producing. Fun stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/dan00ni/s117-nig ... ft-dan00ni
PhoeniX1992
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to Audio